Verizon Snap-On Gel Cover

series70

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I searched around and couldn't find anything about this, so if I failed (likely) Mods can feel free to delete this.

Since the snap-on gel cover is offered at Verizon I'm sure many of you have looked at it. After I put it on my phone, I noticed that when you slide the screen back over the keyboard, there would be a noticeably loud 'click', and the screen would raise up a little. Well if anybody else is concerned about this, problem solved: just get sand-paper or a small file (i used a leatherman) and file down the little tab on the upper left (the side with the micro-usb) so it is even with the other two, and no more click.

I personally like this cover because the phone won't slide off anything you set it on without considerable force, and it stays put in your pocket, something which I truly enjoy. It does attract lint a bit, but nothing compressed air won't fix.

P.S. I guess there is no use to start another thread about this, so add me to the fanclub for the Steinheil Crystal screen protector. I actually had a Verizon rep question why I had nothing on the screen. After I told him it was there, he sheepishly admitted he would be ordering some for himself after work...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome welcome.

+1 on the Steinheil on this end. As far as the case, I dont find the need. The only damage my phone has is from when dropped a couple weeks ago standing on the flight line.... Freaking sonic booms....

OP
S

series70

Reaction score
Mine took a hard-core digger on the concrete in a parking garage from my shirt pocket. Yes it still worked, but it was pretty messed up and I'm actually on my second (hurray idiot-insurance), and yes, the screen did scratch. I'm the type of person that would inadvertently bump it and send it sliding off the kitchen table onto the tile, which is the fate many of this phone's predecessors suffered in my possession. As a musician, I'm equally paranoid about this phone as I am with my instruments so that might explain things a bit.