Verizon releases official statement about the Galaxy Nexus

kardar2

Reaction score
I bet the hearing has something to do with it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

LuvMusic

Reaction score
....... I've always felt Verizon favors Motorola. If that is the case, its absolute BS from a consumer standpoint.

While VZW does own the release process, remember who owns Motorola.......Google! For every Motorola product that VZW sells, Google's cash register goes ding too and Google has some major dollars to recover from that purchase. When you buy a Samsung product from VZW, Google doesn't benefit as much.

Just sayin'

jcardona1

Reaction score
While VZW does own the release process, remember who owns Motorola.......Google! For every Motorola product that VZW sells, Google's cash register goes ding too and Google has some major dollars to recover from that purchase. When you buy a Samsung product from VZW, Google doesn't benefit as much.

Just sayin'

lolsaywut? The merger hasn't even gone through. That's just a silly conspiracy theory. Besides, they will still operate as separate entities.

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
Google doesn't own Motorola yet. I highlight doubt Google would intentionally do anything to delay a Samsung device when Samsung is the most popular Android Manufacturer right now. Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. It's more likely software issues with the LTE in the Verizon GNex than anything else considering that this phone has been available for a while without it.

Rikpa

Reaction score
It's time we had an Occupy Verizon...Enough already...Where's the phone??!!

leakim13

Reaction score
I love that the teaser add for the Galaxy III just got released right in my face.... awesome.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone is not coming out this week or next, I would bet almost anything on it. This has become a giant failure for VZW, whether they made an "official" announcement or not. At this point there is no question they want this phone to fail.

captdroid

Reaction score
This phone is not coming out this week or next, I would bet almost anything on it. This has become a giant failure for VZW, whether they made an "official" announcement or not. At this point there is no question they want this phone to fail.

Yep if the GN was coming out before Christmas it would already have been part of Verizon's Christmas sales push.

LuvMusic

Reaction score
Regardless of whether the deal has closed or not.....(it will, this is not an AT&T/Tmo type of deal), and if I was Google, I would be very interested in seeing the Motorola brand do well. FYI, not saying Google is involved. With all the preinstalled apps on a Razr, the potential for Verizon to profit after the sale is much greater with the Razr.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't like the sound of this...

I think the thing we need to remember is that if Verizon doesn't start doing things the way GOOGLE wants them to; well, let's just say I don't think it is up to Verizon whether or not they are allowed to sell the Nexus.

In other words, if Verizon keeps being Verizon, the VZW Galaxy nexus may never see the light of day. Not trying to sound like the bringer of doom here, but it's the realistic truth.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Regardless of whether the deal has closed or not.....(it will, this is not an AT&T/Tmo type of deal), and if I was Google, I would be very interested in seeing the Motorola brand do well. FYI, not saying Google is involved. With all the preinstalled apps on a Razr, the potential for Verizon to profit after the sale is much greater with the Razr.
Verizon profits off you whether you buy the RAZR, Blackberry or Thunderbolt. It's about contracts NOT equipment.

Before the RAZR was released it was well known that it was their "baby" You can obviously see that now with the media blast that is still going strong.

It's about selling contracts not phones. Phones are the bait.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Of course they do. It's the one device on their network that they are not ALLOWED to have 100% control over.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
They removed most of the comments on that page, for an hour everybody expressed their hatred towards VZW. I was thinking what it's like to lead a company that's hated by everyone, see that it gets worse everyday and do nothing about it.