Verizon Razr Hotspot problem solved.

Ian98

Reaction score
Verizon Mobile Hotspot

I am having the same issue. I pay for the service, and I am unable to use it with any device, even after Verizon's so called update. I have tried with the security set to open, and WPA2 PSK. When I try and connect to it with any of my computers running xp pro, vista, 7, and my iPad, it sees the hotspot, initiates the connect, and then immediately, it says 'unable to connect'. I use to be able to connect to it with the usb tethering, but since the so called Verizon update, none of my computers will do that anymore. Whats funny is I can connect to a Verizon Mifi hotspot no problem, but not to this pile of crap of a phone, which has to have its battery charged every 4-6 hours or it will die. Does anybody know of a fix for this? Thanks.

Sectime

Reaction score
Not trying to burst your bubble but there's a free app called FoxFi that does the same as your paid VZW paid-for app. Be patient though, it takes 1-2 minutes to connect...this is where most just say..."hey, it doesn't work"...be patient...takes longer to connect....but 100% free...no strings attached....NO ROOT NEEDED!!!!!!
Not to burst your bubble, not everybody needs/wants free somewhat working apps.

Ian98

Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble, note everybody needs/wants free somewhat working apps.

I am not using any free app. I am using the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app, which came on the phone from Verizon. It checks in with the verizon provisioning server everytime it is turned on. So my bubble hasn't been popped.

Sectime

Reaction score
I am not using any free app. I am using the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app, which came on the phone from Verizon. It checks in with the verizon provisioning server everytime it is turned on. So my bubble hasn't been popped.
Well thanks but since I was not replying to you have a nice day :blink: