Verizon Out of DROID X and Processing Problems

SemperDroid

Reaction score
Verizon ran out of Droid X around 1400 EST today in the online store. Some individual retail stores still have stock. Verizon claims Motorola has stock to fullfill all orders made today by 7/23.

Furthermore, Verizon experienced an order processing problem in online store orders. This means some people who made their order in the early morning of the 15th did not get their orders processed, resulting in their fulfillment ETA being 7/23. Orders could be filled by the 21st.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bitter

Reaction score
I had one in my hand today at the store, and then decided to wait until the 2ghz phone came out.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had one in my hand today at the store, and then decided to wait until the 2ghz phone came out.
I am waiting for something better too, but of curosity, what was the determining factor for you after holding a DX?

Also, I wonder how many devices they sold today

cloutier

Reaction score
i am going to be SO annoyed if i ordered mine this morning and it fell in to that "we screwed up" category and i have to wait another week.

bitter

Reaction score
I am waiting for something better too, but of curosity, what was the determining factor for you after holding a DX?

Also, I wonder how many devices they sold today

Well, the $569 price tag was a huge factor. And I'm not eligible until at least an annual upgrade until December. The thing looks corny and poorly made, minus the huge screen. And I have the Droid 1 now, OC'd, rooted, you name it. I figure I have everything that the Droid X has (minus the screen and the HDMI) and I can wait a few more months until the next beast comes out.

Woehoss

Reaction score
My husband ordered his this morning, thankfully he did not wind up in the "oops" category. Got our tracking number and it should deliver tomorrow before 4:30 :)

OP
SemperDroid

SemperDroid

Reaction score
I believe it was just some orders between 0300 - 0700 EST that were being processed by a particular Biztalk server that had a large block of orders that were stuck in a dehydrated state.

OP
SemperDroid

SemperDroid

Reaction score
This does not mean all orders between 0300 - 0700 Est were impacted. Just a specific block.

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Verizon problems

I guess I should not be surprised. All that stuff some people talk and Verizon has problems processing less orders than the iPhone 4.
Anyway, Im glad I got to get a Droid X today. I am glad I set a appointment with a store rep a week ago. There was a line of people at the store I went to. When I left about a hour later, there was still a line. It was not iPhone long but it was still a line of people waiting to get the phone. About Best Buy. The store I originally ordered it from (to avoid dealing with the mail in rebate) called yesterday to tell me they only got 10 Droid X's in and did not have one for me on release day.
I will say that the Verizon store I went to had great customer service (glad Best Buy gave me a heads up also) and have nothing but good things to say.