Verizon or Dorid Censoring??

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
icon1.gif
Verizon or Droid Censoring??
Crudely, I admit, I tried to type the four letter word that rhymes with duck in an email reply to someone, and the program changed the f to a d !!!! I didn't realize that we were being censored. What is next???

JCo352

Reaction score
Add it to your user dictionary, they are not censoring.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just don't think words of that nature are in the predictive text library until you ad them. It's not censoring at all.

shobe

Reaction score
They were sensoring in the voice input. When every you said a "curse" word, you would get ***** for the offending word. I found with FroYo that you can disable this by going to Settings / Voice Input / Voice Recognizer Settings / SafeSearch and setting it to Off.

JCo352

Reaction score
They were sensoring in the voice input. When every you said a "curse" word, you would get ***** for the offending word. I found with FroYo that you can disable this by going to Settings / Voice Input / Voice Recognizer Settings / SafeSearch and setting it to Off.

That is for filtering explicit images for the voice search. Settings>Voice Input> Voice recognizer settings> Uncheck "Block offensive words" is for unblocking curse words.

shobe

Reaction score
DOH, that's what I get for multi-tasking towards the EOD. Thanks for catching that.