Verizon Multimedia Dock Question?

levelm

Reaction score
Ok I need some help. I just got the multi media dock from verizon and I had my droid plugged into it all night. When I took it off the dock this morning it was piping hot and my battery what half drained?? Is this normal?? I thought the dock was supposed to charge the battery not deplete it?? Is my dock defective or is this normal? Anyone with this dock who can help shed some light on this issue for me? Thanks..

Edit: I forgot to mention that when plugged in it does show that it is charging it clearly isn't!?

Last edited:

myriad46

Reaction score
Not normal. Try rebooting the phone before putting it on, and then see if that changes what happens. If no change, bad dock. Does your phone charge ok, if you just plug in the cable?

OP
levelm

levelm

Reaction score
Not normal. Try rebooting the phone before putting it on, and then see if that changes what happens. If no change, bad dock. Does your phone charge ok, if you just plug in the cable?

My phone charges fine from the wall charger or do you mean unplug the usb from the dock and plug it directly to the phone to see if it charges? I will try that and see if it charges.

EDIT: Ok the phone charged when plugged directly into the usb so I guess the dock is defective. Gonna have to return it and hope my new one works right. Themz basterdz.

Last edited: