Verizon is shipping me a new phone...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Noboy complained nor said it was a problem with a refurb. I would prefer it. My refurb iphones were always better. More attention paid to it.

We just want to know if they are shipping refurbs or new ones. Since vzw says they aren't sure, we will try to find out.

And your guarantee is proof why? Do you work for vzw?

No point in figuring it out cuz i guarantee you its a referb. It would only be new before droids were ever exchanged and had problems. now they got some of that batch fixed and there going to be sending those out. u would only get the new one like the first few weeks it was out.

naw. juz using my brain. ive exchanged alot of phones in and by now there's probly so MANY people who have exchanged this phone is that the chance of getting a new one is low. i dont see what the big deal bout a referb is anyway. theres nothing wrong with it.

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Noboy complained nor said it was a problem with a refurb. I would prefer it. My refurb iphones were always better. More attention paid to it.

We just want to know if they are shipping refurbs or new ones. Since vzw says they aren't sure, we will try to find out.

And your guarantee is proof why? Do you work for vzw?

naw. juz using my brain. ive exchanged alot of phones in and by now there's probly so MANY people who have exchanged this phone is that the chance of getting a new one is low. i dont see what the big deal bout a referb is anyway. theres nothing wrong with it.

exactly...

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Well it just came... and no question it's refurbished. It came in a small white box that pretty much screams "refurbished". I guess this could be a good thing. So far I've noticed that the back cover is MUCH tighter, and that the keyboard slides a lot smoother. I've noticed a date and time on the sticker that is on the box... it says 10/27/2009 @ 8:24 am. What could this date be? The day it was put back in the box after it was fixed? Didn't the phone come out early November?

The phone definitely has that brand new smell. I don't think it ever made it to a customer hands. Will post back with the OS updates.

BTW, I know nobody really gives a ****, but just in case you are thinking about exchanging your phone, this may help.

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
BTW... the phone comes with a sim card. The VZW rep told me it wouldn't.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
You could have just went to Moto's site and went to their contact page. You can call, email or live chat and get a new battery cover free

thats what I did, and they are sending me one free. I dont want my phone replaced because I got the clear protector on it.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
An update on mine...interesting findings.....

Mine was a refurb I believe as well. They sent me anothr 16 gig sd card too! But made by a different manufacturer. Maybe that has something to do with the complaints about them failing?

I have noticed several things different from my orginal motodroid. Leads me to believe they have made different versions of the phone. my replacment has a super flat keyboard. My old one was more rounded. Some of the components in the back are different as well. I am going to make a seperate thread about it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
An update on mine...interesting findings.....

Mine was a refurb I believe as well. They sent me anothr 16 gig sd card too! But made by a different manufacturer. Maybe that has something to do with the complaints about them failing?

I have noticed several things different from my orginal motodroid. Leads me to believe they have made different versions of the phone. my replacment has a super flat keyboard. My old one was more rounded. Some of the components in the back are different as well. I am going to make a seperate thread about it.
I'm all ears! Looking forward to reading the differences.