Verizon indirectly admitted they are purposefully throttling Netflix traffic

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Are we surprised? With Comcast and Verizon "extorting" money from Netflix and T-Mobile offering streaming services that don't count against data usage, Net Neutrality is getting close to being out the window and gone forever.

People need to pay close attention because the FCC and Mr. Wheeler are going to fundamentally change the way the internet works if things continue.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I use VyprVPN as well!!

It is only a matter of time before Verizon blocks that too, though most people do not know what a VPN connection is.

Consumers should not have to pay for a VPN service on top their internet service and Netflix.

boidsonly

Reaction score
VZW is not the only provider throttling streaming services. Charter is choking the #&$^ out of Acorn TV to the point it is unwatchable. Lost video, buffering and long load times are the norm.
When Wheeler destroys Net Nuetrality, we will have to live with the consequences. It you have not gone to the FCC site and voiced your opinion, please do so. This is your only opportunity to be heard at the Federal Level. Otherwise, live with it and don't cry afterwards...

Reactions: cr6

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I know a lot of people in my industry are filing their comments. Unrelated but similar, they are also trying to restrict the 5Ghz band for unlicensed use in such a way that the company I work for could potentially go out of business.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The sad part is, there were less that 200 thousand signatures on the net neutrality white house petition. People either have no clue what net neutrality is or just don't seem to care.

tap'n on my S5

jacklance

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s5
I've got a 100Mbps Verizon Fios connection at my house. As soon as I set up a PureVPN service, it was a night and day difference on Netflix. It's so easy to see. I'm glad Verizon is getting called out on it. The more public shaming they get for this the better.

Mod Note: Unauthorized Link removed

Last edited by a moderator: