Verizon HTC Droid - Anroid 1.5 + 528Mhz cpu

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to a recent post by BGR, the HTC Droid Eris slated is for a November 6th launch on Verizon Wireless will unfortunately run a 528MHz Qualcomm CPU and Android 1.5. I'm kinda surprised they will release it with dated technology, but I guess it will make future droid phones 'look' that much better :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is probably why they didn't have any press on it at all. The 1.5 OS would make me not want it at all, esp seeing as the new Nav app is only supported on the 2.0 version.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the friendly (albeit talkative) verizon rep i spoke to this morning said he was pretty sure the HTC would get the 2.0 upgrade within a few months. likely after at least 6 months, so as not to kill the motorola sales. (speculation on my part) he also said he would probably be getting the HTC after having played with both. he said the moto was faster, but not by a huge margin. perhaps he preferred the sense OS? it'll come with sense, right?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe i heard some talk about it coming with sense OS. But either way, I don't so much mind the OS, but all in all the hardware on the moto is much better. There was also a few people that said you may even be able to switch the two OS's because they are very very similar, but i wouldn't lol.

J

JohnDroid

There are alot of people out there who put the beta/devel versions of Android on all kinds of devices. I would think you can upgrade the OS if you wish at will, anytime.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are alot of people out there who put the beta/devel versions of Android on all kinds of devices. I would think you can upgrade the OS if you wish at will, anytime.

One of the main resaons for me leaving BB is I don't want to hav to keep doing that.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

One of the main resaons for me leaving BB is I don't want to hav to keep doing that.

Yeah Me Too !!!! I want something that is going to work without looking for the next best fix every few days.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i only did it once when i got my blackberry.. is this really a problem?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well yes

Now that 5.0.0.328 released for the 9530 not as much :D. Unfortunately up until then (almost a year) it was every week :eek:. There was un upgrade (leak) and new hybrid (because the standard OS was not good) all the time. There is even an app for that :D. Just to be notified when the next leak or release is issued. Scary stuff on that when I think about it.I actually have that app too :p. I need Droid to just work correctly. Otherwise i'll return it and keep my Storm1. Yes it was a big problem for a long time :rolleyes:.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now that 5.0.0.328 released for the 9530 not as much :D. Unfortunately up until then (almost a year) it was every week :eek:. There was un upgrade (leak) and new hybrid (because the standard OS was not good) all the time. There is even an app for that :D. Just to be notified when the next leak or release is issued. Scary stuff on that when I think about it.I actually have that app too :p. I need Droid to just work correctly. Otherwise i'll return it and keep my Storm1. Yes it was a big problem for a long time :rolleyes:.

hmm.. when i got my pearl, i upgraded to the newest OS from alltel and have never had any problems with it.. but then, that's a non-touchscreen phone, i can see wher you might have had some issues :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

hmm.. when i got my pearl, i upgraded to the newest OS from alltel and have never had any problems with it.. but then, that's a non-touchscreen phone, i can see wher you might have had some issues :D

My Pearl was certainly more stable than my Storm :D. the Storm is cooler though :cool:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
My Pearl was a flawless LITTLE phone, I loved it till the Storm came along, then goodbye Pearl, after all, the screen was so small on it and the Storm had this HUGH Screen and was going to be so much better! For a wile it was, even with it's imperfections.

I So Hope the Droid is not a let down as the Storm turned out to be. Nah that can't happen again, can it?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Pearl was a flawless LITTLE phone, I loved it till the Storm came along, then goodbye Pearl, after all, the screen was so small on it and the Storm had this HUGH Screen and was going to be so much better! For a wile it was, even with it's imperfections.

I So Hope the Droid is not a let down as the Storm turned out to be. Nah that can't happen again, can it?

Man I hope not :icon_ devil:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yup. i love my pearl, i'm just ready for something new. something that ACTUALLY does stuff. just knowing what other phones are capable of, the pearl just seems so...half-assed at this point. i have high expectations, but they aren't unreasonable, are they?

oh we are in the eris forum. ummm.. hopefully the trackball will be better than the one on the pearl!