Verizon hotspot data usage limit

emptypaperheart

Reaction score
Ok so recently Verizon put a limit on the data usage through mobile hot spot the limit is 2 gigabyte my question is if I were to play xbox live how fast do you think those 2 gigabytes would go ? because I feel like it will go in just a few days ._.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
Don't know about xbox live, but my daughter used my computer hooked up to the mobile hotspot on my phone today while we were doing a road trip and she blew through about 500 MB in an hour going on Facebook and Youtube.

Reaction score
Im sure it wouldnt take long to burn through that. But for future references stick with you topic. All 3 you have posted are very similar. Why not just add to the original instead of opening a new topic.

pogibry

Reaction score
YouTube will always kill since you have to download and buffer the videos. Facebook is much lighter since it only downloads images. When I use my phone to play an mmo (rift) on my laptop, I can go a good two hours and only use a couple hundred at absolute most, maybe even 100. Best way is to get a data widget and test before its too late and you've gone over.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

robrecht

Reaction score
Ok so recently Verizon put a limit on the data usage through mobile hot spot the limit is 2 gigabyte ...
Actually, if you had unlimited data on prior to July 7th, you can add unlimited hotspot for $30/month, prorated at $1/day if you don't need a full month.

Thanks, Robrecht

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Playing black ops it uses 15 MB in about a hour it is insane I was shocked at how little it use even with voice chat trust me bro your safe

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sacnotsack

Reaction score
Playing black ops it uses 15 MB in about a hour it is insane I was shocked at how little it use even with voice chat trust me bro your safe

That's because most of the data transfer is via upload not download. I do the same thing :p

Sent from my DI2 using DroidForums

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
No on wifi tether it shows upload and download unlike USB tether and it actualy should be more download in theory