Verizon has the Razr Maxx for 150? I paid 199!

GSdub510

Reaction score
Been with VZW 10 years...upgraded for 199.99 but in the great state of California the tax you pay is on the non subsidized price so it was $290. No discount for loyalty or whatever, and the $30 upgrade fee is dumb, why sugarcoat, just increase the price of every phone by $30...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
They have done this DROID 3 came out in July 13 2011.

Just to release DROID bionic with same specs expect 1 gb of ram in September 9 or 10th two month later.

Same with DROID razr in November 11 2011.

DROID 4 in late February 2012 with same droid razr specs.

DROID RAZR max in march 2012

The only difference between DROID 4 and razr are super amoled plus droid razr and physical keyboard on droid 4 everything else is basically the same.
Droid bionic have same specs expect. Clock 200 mhz slower and moto allow users to change battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
man, i must have been lucky. i paid $0! had my upgrade, so the phone was the standard $199. i then had some loyality credit, phone became $99. then when they rang up it, for some reason it became $0. i was charged $30 for my "upgrade fee." i was very happy to pay the $30. i upgraded from the OG droid to the Maxx. so far, i still like the OG better.

I got lucky too! I got one for free at the end May and just used my last upgrade and got another for $150 that will be here Tuesday. The $30 upgrade was waved on both phones.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy nexus isnt that big of deal the way Google toys with the update.

the nexus 4th gen might get the update from android 4.1 os before you even get out of ics os by then all us droid owners, expect DROID 3 and x2 without Modding will be in android 4.0 x os.

Just like it took nexus s from sprint stock from december 2011 to April 2012 for their update.

5 month same with nexus one to gingerbread from december 2010 to late march 2011

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Honesty knowing how Verizon handled the nexus firmware, I'm not so sure I'd be an early adopter of any Droids lol

Nexus s was kinda overrated i love Verizon phone and Motorola os with android os together.

blowabs

Reaction score
I called Vz and got $80 off my $200 initial charge since i told them to just credit my account, pls...[even tho they said they don't price match.]

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I paid $70.00 for mine yesterday, got it today, already set up, rooted and tethering ... and kept my unlimited data. :icon_ devil:

GSdub510

Reaction score
blowabs said:
I called Vz and got $80 off my $200 initial charge since i told them to just credit my account, pls...[even tho they said they don't price match.]

Why did you get $80? I paid $200 about 3 weeks ago

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

geeded

Reaction score
Assuming this is not your first Verizon phone, if you call customer service and simply ask, the $30 "upgrade" fee will be removed. If you don't ask, you pay it. It's worth a call.

Cheers

brucefulton

Reaction score
Paid 299, but the day I received it, online price dropped to 199, so asked for 100 credit and received it, and also 50 credit because last phone tanked a month before renewal on an out of warranty defect. Had to request escalation to supervisor, but that just lets them know you are serious. Be polite, you will almost certainly get the concession if you are pleasant but firm.