Verizon has the Razr Maxx for 150? I paid 199!

Olivia

Reaction score
Friday I called Verizon sales and ordered the Razr Maxx using an upgrade for 199. Today a friend using her upgrade sees it for 150 but orders the Droid Bionic for free instead. I went today to Verizon website without logging in and still see the Maxx for 199 but I see the Bionic for free.

Does anyone see the Razr Maxx on Verizon for 150? Also the sales person my friend spoke to says they are making way for new phones. Wth! I buy a new phone and it's already outdated?

wxman2003

Reaction score
Probably because the web site shows $199 for new activation, not upgrade. Call Verizon and they will give you a $50 credit. As far as new phones, yes they come out with a bunch in the summer and then around Christmas. Look for the Razr HD soon, but that will likely be at a $299 price tag.

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Great. I will call and see. Man I wish I had waited for the Maxx HD. I bet that'll be sweet! Do you have any idea when the HD version will come out?

wxman2003

Reaction score
Just my guess, but before ICS rolls out for the Razr. If the HD is the Motorola flagship this summer, they will want that to have ICS before the older Razrs get it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
VZW will probably pay the difference between the $149 and $199 if it's a corporate VZW promotion. If it was from a premium retailer, they will not match the price. Good luck.

ODuck

Reaction score
It's the nature of the beast. It all depends on how long you're willing to live without or wait. I know I had a Droid X and was going to upgrade when the Bionic came out but I waited and got an email from Verizon telling me I could upgrade to a Razr for free last month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I paid $140 for it last week. (Upgrade fee and tax included).

They had given me a $100 credit 2 months ago and it was due to expire May 31st.

$199 seems to be the current upgrade price.

Caesars

Reaction score
The maxx is definitely outdated :), sure the new HD will be sweet if it really has a 4.6 screen and huge battery :). However I can't imagine the end user results will be much faster then the razr maxx, I bet people wont even be able to tell
Speed/lag differences without an app telling them/us so :). Of course me being a cell phone nerd I'm going to want it lol :). Anyway the maxx is probably the smoothest android phone I've ever used(by far) and I'd imagine once I root this baby it will get even better :). IMO thats saying a lot considering every android phone I've had time to play with is hit or miss as far as "smoothness" goes lol. The new HD will probably be freaking awesome, but the maxx IS freaking awesome :)

Sorry for typos, already getting sleepy :) NE Ohio and 8am summer class = one sleepy giant lol

GSdub510

Reaction score
Will the HD come out before or after shared data plans? One of the reasons I just got the Maxx last week was to secure my unlimited data. But now my new phone is outdated -_______-

collett

Reaction score
Totally get it-frustrating to get the "flagship" phone only to learn the next greatest thing is right around the corner. But as fast as technology changes, or is released anyway, these days, aren't most electronics outdated by the time they reach the shelves? Doesn't make it fun or fair, but I think that's the normal way of it anymore.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Totally get it-frustrating to get the "flagship" phone only to learn the next greatest thing is right around the corner. But as fast as technology changes, or is released anyway, these days, aren't most electronics outdated by the time they reach the shelves? Doesn't make it fun or fair, but I think that's the normal way of it anymore.

That's how I see it. Tech is progressing at a geometric rate. The tech for processors alone outdates itself every 6 months so I've been told...

So of course better, faster, more powerful and desirable devices will be coming out in pretty close succession. :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
Honesty knowing how Verizon handled the nexus firmware, I'm not so sure I'd be an early adopter of any Droids lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

napjester

Reaction score

I agree. I've been on the fence about whether to get the Razr Maxx or the S3 for a couple weeks now but I think I'm leaning towards the Maxx for the battery life. I saw vids of people using the Maxx with ICS and it looks sweet! I currently have the D2 and just had it warranty exchanged so it's pretty new and will be my backup. I figure I'll get the Maxx now to lock in my unlimited (I'm due for the upgrade) and if I think the Maxx if "too slow", I can return it and just pre-order the S3 before the end of the month (before my 14 day trial is up) which should keep my unlimited in tact.
If I didn't have to worry about locking in my unlimited, I might wait for the Maxx HD but with a probable $299 price tag, that's more than I want to spend on a phone that I probably won't be playing much games on (mostly e-mail, texting, web, watching movies on my commute, and GPS).

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
man, i must have been lucky. i paid $0! had my upgrade, so the phone was the standard $199. i then had some loyality credit, phone became $99. then when they rang up it, for some reason it became $0. i was charged $30 for my "upgrade fee." i was very happy to pay the $30. i upgraded from the OG droid to the Maxx. so far, i still like the OG better.