Verizon has Stopped allowing Droid X reviews?

ggaabe

Reaction score
I noticed there hasn't been a new review for the Droid X since july 30th. Surely more people have tried to create a review by this point? Is verizon scared of too many bad reviews or do they simply stop allowing reviews after a certain date or certain number?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
IMHO the X can stand on it's own against any other cell phone out there.

techguru

Reaction score
The press get review units for several weeks starting before the release, but of they don't purchase their own, they have to return them, so not a surprise that the reviews have slacked off.

Alan

padawan0620

Reaction score
Just saw the Sept. edition of Consumer Reports where they rated the top smart phones. They did it by carrier. For big red the Droid was tops. They noted the DX came out too late to get a full review but their first look was very favorable.

Rsswga

Reaction score
well from the looks of it on droidforums, the X has a lot of issues..im still not decided on what phone i will be getting in november..the droid 2 is certainly tempting..

dust under the screen on a droid x has known problems, since i work outdoors under not so nice conditions, id be paranoid to carry

the x is a great looking phone dont get me wrong, the droid 1 will be so hard to beat, i have never had an issue and have been rooted for several months

Kandiru

Reaction score
Yep, that is why 10,000 users rated their original Droids 4.8 stars, and many of them are now very happy with their new DXs.

Just wait and see how people will get burned with the new Windows Mobile 7 Samsungs, 2-3 hour battery life and all, then we'll have DX xplosion.

Loving mine every bit!

soba1

Reaction score
Yep, that is why 10,000 users rated their original Droids 4.8 stars, and many of them are now very happy with their new DXs.

Just wait and see how people will get burned with the new Windows Mobile 7 Samsungs, 2-3 hour battery life and all, then we'll have DX xplosion.

Loving mine every bit!

Former Droid user lovin the X.....................
I keep my phone covered when not in use.
No screen protector, and I am sure dust under the screen
is a fluke.

soba1

Reaction score
well from the looks of it on droidforums, the X has a lot of issues..im still not decided on what phone i will be getting in november..the droid 2 is certainly tempting..

dust under the screen on a droid x has known problems, since i work outdoors under not so nice conditions, id be paranoid to carry

the x is a great looking phone dont get me wrong, the droid 1 will be so hard to beat, i have never had an issue and have been rooted for several months

By the time Novenber rolls around the Droid Pro 2 will/should be around
then that will be a definite game changer.

smokecombs

Reaction score
The X is by FAR and away better than the Droid 1. I can't say anything about the Droid 2 but comparing the X to the original Droid, for me, is a mismatch. The X will go through it's initial new device hiccups, and also a lot of BS reports from new users who got one simply cause it was the new big thing, users who may not know how to use such a device. For example my sister played with my X for awhile, she said "I hate it, that thing is too complicated, can't get to anything, etc..". Now I do take the advice of experienced smart phone owners and tech guys. No new phone is without it's problems, especially a newly released device. To me the proof will be in the reliability of the phone. So far so good. Right now I have the best phone of any friend I have and my Iphone friends are seriously considering switching over to the X. Some are holding out for the Iphone4 but they all dread sticking with AT&T service, especially in our rural hilly/mountainous area. I want someone to get an Iphone4 just so we can do a live in hand comparison. I'm not one of these Iphone haters, I love that phone so I want to see how the 4 is. My phone is better than the original Iphones by a long shot all my friends that have them admit it. My gripes about the X do seem to be universal. The camera is out of this world for any CELL PHONE camera for the past 5 years or so. The video camera is good but doesn't seem 720p other than the huge size of the files, maybe not even 480p in some cases if your target video is a large area such as a football game, etc.. The camera doesn't seem to be as good as the Iphone4, oveall. But 2nd best on the market (debatable) ain't bad. And the other complaint, the phone sound I guess I just have to go by more experienced opinions and agree. For me the phone sounds plenty loud. That is the one area the Droid 1 blows the X out of the water. I have heard a Droid 1 and that sucker has some of the best sound on a phone I've ever heard. So I'll give the original Droid that one. But I've had no technical problems, no missing pixels or whatever, no dust under my screen, etc..etc.. Got my phone the day it released, traded a Samsung Omnia II in for it. That was like going from a Dodge neon to a viper.