Verizon Handling Fascinate DL09 Emergency Bug

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Having the ability to quickly launch a 911 call for police/emergency assistance is a very important function on our phones, and recently a bug in the DL09 maintenance update broke this feature for some Samsung Fascinate users. Luckily, Verizon just sent a free text to all DL09 devices that a fix is forthcoming. The update is reported to be coming soon to the Fascinate owners facing this problem and once the OTA update is installed, your devices will be able to get assistance even if it’s locked.

For the time being Verizon had this to say:
Free VZW Msg(s) - Use of your emergency call button on your Fascinate phone with software SCH-i500.DL09 may not work while the phone is locked. A software fix will be pushed to your device soon. Until available, disable pattern lock to ensure emergency calls can be placed. To check your software version press Applications>Settings>About phone and view Build number. Only version SCHi-500.DL09 is impacted by this issue. Versions SCH-i500.DI01 and SCH-i500.DH12 are functioning properly. To disable pattern lock press Applications>Settings>Location & Security and remove check from Require Pattern.
Source (Verizon sending text messages in regards to DL09 emergency calling bug | Android Central)

Jackseric

Reaction score
Do all other Android phones have this feature when using a pattern lock? It would seem to me that it would make a butt dial to 911 much more likely.

Conechaser

Reaction score
All the button does on my phone is bring up the dialer, not sure if it restricts it to where it will only call out to 911 or not never really messed w/ it.