Verizon Galaxy S4 VRUAME7 Rooted, but No Bootloader Exploit

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Verizon is liable for many things they do. Like charging people for tethering which was supposed to be free of charge when fcc gave vzw a block of spectrum to use for lte.

But then again, Verizon can claim they are locking devices to make them more secure for customer's benefit. So they have an easy way out.

silverfang77

Reaction score
This stuff is very confusing for me. VRUAMDK Galaxy 4Ss can be rooted and flashed with custom recoveries and ROMs, whereas the VRUAME7 can be rooted, but no custom recoveries or ROMs. What is the difference? Is VRU*** the firmware, baseband? How come one can be customized whilst the other cannot?

Tonik

Reaction score
This stuff is very confusing for me. VRUAMDK Galaxy 4Ss can be rooted and flashed with custom recoveries and ROMs, whereas the VRUAME7 can be rooted, but no custom recoveries or ROMs. What is the difference? Is VRU*** the firmware, baseband? How come one can be customized whilst the other cannot?

The VRU number is the build number in about phone. It it's the overall software version you are running. 7 cannot be rom'ed because it it's a newer version and sammy fixed the bug that was being used to bust into the boatloader.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Well that stinks. Hope someone can crack it.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

j0hn4devils

Reaction score
How can bootloader be locked? I just accessed it...

Hello!
I was recently curious to see if bootloader was actually locked. I run stock ME7 and have an SD on the way to root. I held vdown, home, and power past the vibration and bootloader came up. Am I lucky? Or does it block you when you start the download of a custom OS? Thank you for your response!
John