Verizon Galaxy S4 soft bricked, help please?!

sessions124

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
So I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 and I rooted it yesterday. It was working fine and I went to download an app for it and as the app was doing it's thing it went to reboot my phone. After that my phone wouldn't boot up past the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen in the very beginning. I tried doing a reset via the reset menu. That didn't work. Then I started searching online this morning and found something about using ODIN and having to download the stock TAR file for it. I did that as well as I already had the device drivers installed on my computer. I ran ODIN with the correct ROM. I kept getting the "fail" code from ODIN that someone else was getting on this forum. So then I downloaded Kies from Samsung in hopes that I could do it that way beings I was getting the phone--yellow triangle--computer screen. Now my computer won't recognize my phone so I can't do anything to it anymore to fix. It turns on, I can access either the yellow triangle screen or the droid screen to install a custom OS, but I can't do anything to it beyond that. I'm so lost on what to do now in order to fix this. Can ANYONE please help me?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum. If you are able to get into recovery, try flashing your ROM again.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seems you've gone about the right process, so let's try it again. However, this time try uninstalling all the current drivers and then reboot your computer. After doing so, install the appropriate drivers and then restart your computer again.

Drivers can be extremely finicky, so always restart your computer when installing or uninstalling drivers.

Here's a YouTube video, to help guide you. I've sent this to a few friends of mine who softbricked their devices.

Reactions: cr6
OP
S

sessions124

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I've tried doing the flash through Odin, downloaded device drivers from samsung. Downloaded a new stock restore file and I'm still getting a fail code from Odin.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Just a heads up.....do NOT try to flash a root or rom file via KIES. You also might try to redownload Odin.

tap'n on my S5