Galaxy S4 won't charge.

vwpiper

Reaction score
Help! My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge or connect to a computer. I've tried different chargers, cables, plug in locations, car, 110, computer. There is no dirt. Connection is clean. I have a spare battery and both of them will charge on the battery charger. I have tried backed up roms. I have done a factory reset.
All of this and nothing helped. Am willing to try anything. Verizon is going to send me a refurb.
Help please.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bbtkd

Reaction score
Help! My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge or connect to a computer. I've tried different chargers, cables, plug in locations, car, 110, computer. There is no dirt. Connection is clean. I have a spare battery and both of them will charge on the battery charger. I have tried backed up roms. I have done a factory reset.
All of this and nothing helped. Am willing to try anything. Verizon is going to send me a refurb.
Help please.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sure sounds like you have a bad jack on the phone. A refurb is not always a bad thing. My son had to get one shortly after getting his S4, and it's been flawless.

wprocter

Reaction score
Help! My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge... Verizon is going to send me a refurb.

Same issue; however, I received a message saying something like 'Charging paused due to excessive battery temperature'. Replacing battery with cool, unused one resulted in same message. Even with phone off, same message flashed on screen during attempts to charge.

No resolution from anyone. Read somewhere on a forum it could be corroded contacts in the phone's usb port. Can't visually see anything. Tried cleaning them. No luck. Verizon sending refurb. [ WTH is with Verizon absolutely doing NO IN STORE replacements and now shipping isn't overnight, but FedEx 2 Day! Shipped on Thursday, replacement won't arrive until Monday. Bad form Verizon. Seriously makes me want to look for better customer service company! Total BS. ]

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Your USB port is probably fried. If you have a wireless charging pad, you can charge your phone that way.