Verizon galaxy s3 jelly bean camera

Reaction score
Is there a particular jelly bean rom that will run the newest android 4.2 camera app and will play YouTube videos and regular camera videos? I'm running the latest nightly build by cyanogen but it won't play the videos, it will play the sound but not video. Also when i ran the newest 4.2 camera app it did it once then said it could not find the camera.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've found the 4.2 camera only really works well with Touchwiz ROM's and fail miserably on AOSP ROM's such as Cyanogen. I have 2 Nandroid's that I keep, one is the LiquidSmooth JB ROM and the other is Synergy that I'll switch to for the camera. It doesn't take long to flash back and forth.

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the info! One more question, I really love the look of jelly bean in cyanogen 10 and i hate the look of touchwiz. Is there a touchwiz rom that looks exactly like cyanogen 10. I. Mainly want to be able to watch YouTube videos and use the new camera app but can't with cyanogen 10

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the info! One more question, I really love the look of jelly bean in cyanogen 10 and i hate the look of touchwiz. Is there a touchwiz rom that looks exactly like cyanogen 10. I. Mainly want to be able to watch YouTube videos and use the new camera app but can't with cyanogen 10
Unfortunately you'll have to have 2 nandroid backups - one with Cyanogen 10 and another that is Touchwiz (my recommendation is Synergy ROM). Have them backed up with TWRP or CWM and go back and forth for the features. That's what I do when I want to use the new camera. In fact I'm getting ready to reinstall my Synergy backup now, so I'll install it, update the apps, and use it today, then make a fresh backup of it, and go back to LiquidSmooth.

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
I did, and referred you. Another of the many questions i have, the razr m rings widget, which rom will it work on? I tried installing it on cyan and touchwiz and it wouldn't install

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did, and referred you. Another of the many questions i have, the razr m rings widget, which rom will it work on? I tried installing it on cyan and touchwiz and it wouldn't install
Now, that I can't help you with, however would be a good question to ask to get an answer for on the s3forums. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the 3 circles with the time, temp and battery? If so, I use One More Clock widget, which might be what you're talking about?

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
yes the one with the 3 rings. Yeah I will try putting it on the s3 forums. Its hard to keep track of everything that's going, with using xda, droid forums, and gs3 forums haha

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes the one with the 3 rings. Yeah I will try putting it on the s3 forums. Its hard to keep track of everything that's going, with using xda, droid forums, and gs3 forums haha
This is from One More Clock:

Sunset-MD.jpg