Android 4.2.2 Version of Jelly Bean Officially Coming to Verizon Galaxy Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-Nexus-Jelly-Bean-366x251.jpg

It's both funny and frustrating (or maybe just frustrating) how long it takes Verizon to get the newest versions of Android for their Nexus devices. Still, this afternoon's news will be welcome for folks who own the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The 4.2.2 version of Android/Jelly Bean is officially coming to the device as of the time of this post. The new update will be going out in the usual separate groupings, so if you haven't seen yours yet don't despair. Here's a quote straight from Big Red sharing the details,

The Galaxy Nexus by Samsung will be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The software will be pushed to Verizon Wireless customers in phases starting March 19.
Jelly Bean Panorama

The software includes new camera features such as photosphere to take 360 degree panoramic pictures that can easily be shared with friends. The camera app also has new tools to add filters and borders, further customizing pictures.

Additionally, an all new Gesture Keyboard is available, allowing users to slide their finger from letter to letter to type a word. Other enhancements include allowing users to place widgets on the lock screen for easier access to popular apps such as Calendar, Gmail and Clock.

Tags: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, Android Jelly Bean

I could remind you of that old saying that "good things come to those who wait," but really, just enjoy the fact that the latest version of Jelly Bean is finally coming to your Verizon device.

Source: Verizon

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
ooh....
Hopefully the S3 will not be too far behind.

Can anyone confirm that 4.2.2 finally lets one group text with IPhone
users?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
don't know anyone with iphone anymore, they all switched to android.

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Anyone know if the next nexus phone is coming to Verizon? I'm sick of my rezound. Never again a non nexus phone.

ghorig

Reaction score
Forced the update on mine after I ran out of patience.
Setting. Apps. All apps. Google services framework. Forcestop. Remove data. Go back and check for update. Did it twice and got my ota!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Got my update yesterday just waited until it was pushed out.