[Rumor] Samsung Nearly Ready to Upgrade the Galaxy S III to Jelly Bean & SGS2 Testing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S3-Jelly-Bean.jpeg

According to this new rumor, Samsung is moving quickly to get Jelly Bean out for their current flagship the Galaxy S III. Supposedly, an industry insider indicated that Samsung will be ready soon to update the SGS3 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and that it may come as soon as August or September. The insider's statement was, “Samsung is almost ready to update.” Additionally, this same insider also shared that the Jelly Bean update for the previous generation Galaxy S II phone is already in testing as well, although that one could take a bit longer.

Obviously, we will be watching this one closely and inform you when we get more info.

Source: S3Forums via AndroidAuthority

ExodusC

Reaction score
I imagine after my two years are up here on Verizon that I will be switching to a GSM carrier and will just buy whatever Nexus device is available from the Play Store, assuming the trend continues.

Regardless, with early CyanogenMod 9 already working on the Verizon Galaxy S3, and even earlier CyanogenMod 10 builds running, I don't see this as an issue.