Verizon exchanging Jelly Bean phones- non-functioning mobile hotspot, misc problems

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
Verizon May Replace Your DROID RAZR If You are Experiencing Issues After the Jelly Bean Update – Droid Life

So Droid Life is reporting Verizon stores are taking Razrs that are experiencing connectivity problems, mobile hotspots not working, or random verizon apps crashing, and exchanging them (for free?). Currently, my hotspot is not working (I get a message telling me to contact support) and yesterday a verizon app crashed randomly. Soooo sign me up for an exchange? I would LOVE to get a free replacement because my Razr has a cracked screen and I've been looking for cheap replacements on craigslist (lowest I've found is $100).

Has anyone exchanged their RAZRs because of these issues or know anything else about the deal? I'm thinking about visiting the Verizon store this week if the rumors are true.

OP
N

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
Don't all respond at once lol...

But I asked this on the android forums and someone said you couldn't exchange a phone with physical damage without insurance. If the phones has a manufacture defect tough, it can be. Sooo my phone has both, no? The faulty hotspot and the cracked glass. Anyone know what they'll say? I'm giving them a call tomorrow.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I asked a Verizon corporate store about thus and they didn't even know JB had been leaked on the 24th, or even when JB would be coming to our phones...so at least in this area don't count on it.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Don't all respond at once lol...

But I asked this on the android forums and someone said you couldn't exchange a phone with physical damage without insurance. If the phones has a manufacture defect tough, it can be. Sooo my phone has both, no? The faulty hotspot and the cracked glass. Anyone know what they'll say? I'm giving them a call tomorrow.

My guess is that the cracked screen will probably be an issue. But since the news of the accidental JB leak is so new, YMMV with taking it back to a store.

Hotspot and wifi are working fine for me.

David

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
I'm slightly considering trying to do it. I'm having intermittent Wifi issues since doing the update. I just don't want to get a refurb.

sounde

Reaction score
My wifi also stopped working after JB update around christmas. My wife has same phone and did not get the update. When I try to use Foxfi or any other tether app, the Verizon Hotspot software tries to check for a subscription and say call verizon customer service. Foxfi was perfect before update. I do have unlimited data and am not subscribe to hotspot service.

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
I remember reading FoxFi does not work with JB.
Quote about Foxfi on Google Play

"What's New
What's in this version:

*the toggle not responding problem is fixed in 1.95.3
*the free version now has a usage limit that requires restarting FoxFi otherwise same as full version.
*Bluetooth fail to open bug is fixed now.
*WiFi mode does not work on Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) on most phones. Please stay with ICS/Android 4.0 or below."

illustions

Reaction score
in.order for wifi to.work do we delete the update or get a refurbished replacement???