Verizon Droid X to US Cellular

Fatawan

Reaction score
I gave our old Droid X to my sons friend. I had done a factory reset, and we bypassed the activation screen by touching the screen corners. He has called US Cellular and they appear to be willing to put his MEID number in their system and activate this phone. Would I need to do anything else to the phone if US Cellular is willing to add it to their system? Does it require rooting or ???? to make it work?

Thanks

ezrollin

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well! I'd like to use my droid X on straight Talk's network if they're willing to take my ESN? I'll try to find out

caveman102887

Reaction score
]I'd like to use my droid X on straight Talk's LET ME KNOW SOMETHIN IF THEY WILL

dewdrop27

Reaction score
Me too! I have a couple phones and other Q's about Straighttalk

Sent from my M865C using Droid Forums

ezrollin

Reaction score
The answer is NO

"Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We would like to inform you that you can use your Droid X phone with Straight Talk's BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone)program as long as it is AT&T/T-Mobile compatible phone, or an unlocked domestic GSM phone.

Feel free to send us an email at [email protected] for more information."

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
What is straight talk and can you use it with verizon?

Aikoentp

Reaction score
No they won't. They only have CMA (ATT, T-Mobile etc.) There is a company that will Activate Your Verizon Motorola Droid X. It's Talk for good (TalkForGood - Nationwide Wireless for Less). They have rates Half that of Verizon and cheaper than Straight Talk. Here is an exchange with them:

Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:27 PM
To: Don Burgett
Subject: Re: Compatibility

You can use any Verizon 3G phone that is not a Verizon Prepaid phone. If the Droid x is a 4G phone it will activate but it needs someone that can manually program it. Our Over-the-air programming will not work wit a 4G phone.

Thanks!

TalkForGood Team

Visit the online support desk at TalkForGood Support Desk for Answers to commonly asked questions.

tel: 888.649.1713 | [email protected] | talkforgood.com
75 S. Main St, White River Junction, VT 05001

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Don Burgett <[email protected]> wrote:
Web Contact Form from Don Burgett <[email protected]>

Interested in: Wireless Service

Subject: Compatibility