Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear at Verizon and US Cellular Stores Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note3-verizon.png

The last of the big carriers to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear is finally onboard with everyone else. Verizon just received their Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear at their retail stores today. You can grab the GNote3 for $299.99 on a new contract at Verizon or $699.99 off contract. You can also purchase the Galaxy Gear smartwatch separately from Verizon for $299.99, no contract required or available for that device. This is just as we reported yesterday here. The Galaxy Gear can be found on Verizon in five different colors, which differentiates it from some of the other carriers.

Speaking of other carriers. Verizon wasn't the only hold out which didn't have the GNote3 and Galaxy Gear yet. The smaller carrier US Cellular also just started selling the Galaxy Note 3 and the Gear at their retail stores today. On US Cellular the GNote3 will cost you $299.99 with a new two-year contract, but new subscribers porting a number from another carrier will receive a $50 discount bonus. The Galaxy Gear is the same $299.99 price as found elsewhere, though US Cellular only has the jetblack or oatmeal beige.

Here are some links below to check out these offers.

Verizon - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Verizon - Samsung Galaxy Gear

US Cellular - Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Also, don't forget to sound off in our dedicated Galaxy Note 3 section of the site. Here's a link to the Official "I just got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3" Thread!: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...samsung-galaxy-note-3-thread.html#post2478593

Last edited:

jseah

Reaction score
I picked one up today at the Verizon store ten minutes after they opened up. They hadn't even taken the available accessories (the classic Verizon case and holster combo, a TPU silicone case, and a Speck case) out of their shipping boxes yet.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Same here, was waiting outside for an hour because they told me they opened at 9 and turned out to be 10. Looked like an addict. Picked up the generic silicone case until my Spigen NEO Hybrid gets here from Amazon.

Still charging, have not even got to play with it yet since I am catching up on my work morning.

RemyL75

Reaction score
Just got back from the store. I haven't even played with it yet, but that's because i have to backup and transfer everything from my Note II.

jamjr74 - Yes, an update is coming in about a month or so to the S3, S4 and Note II that will make them compatible with the Gear

drksuh

Reaction score
I have unlimited data and just received my preordered Galaxy NOte 3 from Verizon. Bad news, however, my SVTP and Foxfire wifi hot spot tethering does not work any more because Verizon puts up an Error screen stating "Use of this service requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect." Should I root and if I do, will this restore the ability to use SVTP and or Foxfire?

Roget83

Reaction score
According to another post on this site if you do not set up a pass code, either pattern or pin to access your phone you cannot use the foxfi or hotspot. After you set this up there should be no problem. Site is under samsung, note 3.

acousticshade

Reaction score
My local LameRizon store did not have the Note 3 today. They don't even have a working LG G2!?!?! (issues forth a slow motion woooowww).

Guess they do not want to take my money.

jseah

Reaction score
I have unlimited data and just received my preordered Galaxy NOte 3 from Verizon. Bad news, however, my SVTP and Foxfire wifi hot spot tethering does not work any more because Verizon puts up an Error screen stating "Use of this service requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect." Should I root and if I do, will this restore the ability to use SVTP and or Foxfire?

Don't know about SVTP, but with FoxFi, if you do not click the "Cancel" button when the error screen pops up, then FoxFi will work. As soon as you click the "Cancel" button, your mobile hotspot will close.