Verizon Taking Pre-Orders for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear on Sept. 6th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-galaxy-note3-galaxy-gear-preorder1.png

Late yesterday Verizon surprised everyone by being the first U.S. carrier to officially offer the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Even more surprisingly, they did this only a few hours after the announcement of the device from Samsung. At that time we reported they didn't have pre-orders available yet. While that is true, Big Red took things a step further this morning by announcing they will be taking preorders starting tomorrow, September 6th, at 9AM EST.

This is quite remarkable for VZW. Not only did they beat all of the other U.S. carriers to announcing the device, they also will be offering the pre-orders almost immediately. Could this uncharacteristic behavior be a sign of things to come in the future? It isn't likely, but we can always cross our fingers.

Here's the link to Verizon's Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear landing page: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Gear - Verizon Wireless

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I hope they release the ship date soon...like September 26th :) LOL....

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thing should be blazing fast on VZWs 4G network.Will you all take back a former VZW customer?Ill give you my One,PLZ!!!!!!!:D

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I just pre ordered the note 3. Did not get the watch I figured I will wait a couple of months and possible get it on sale

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Verizon website shows a ship by date of 10/10...AT&T and T-Mo are projecting available dates of 10/1 and 10/2...

drksuh

Reaction score
I called Verizon to preorder the Galaxy Note 3 and they were going to let me order for $699.99 for full retail price to allow me to keep unlimited data plan. This is for the 32GB model. I think I prefer the 64 GB model and may have to wait.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I would not wait on 64GB as we might never see it ...especially in US at Verizon....32GB internal should be standard on all phones...plus you have sd card to enjoy added storage...

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy a GNote3 out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I had the similar online issue Preach...I finally called into customer service only to be told by the first lady that is was "all sold out" LOL - asked for a supervisor and got the Note 3 pre-ordered at full retail...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I called Verizon to preorder the Galaxy Note 3 and they were going to let me order for $699.99 for full retail price to allow me to keep unlimited data plan. This is for the 32GB model. I think I prefer the 64 GB model and may have to wait.

As BK says...I don't think we will see the 64gb here...

I would not wait on 64GB as we might never see it ...especially in US at Verizon....32GB internal should be standard on all phones...plus you have sd card to enjoy added storage...

Remember the Note 2, thinking we could get the 32gb and all that was offered was the 16gb :)...

mrmark27

Reaction score
This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy a GNote3 out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?

i had the same experience a few weeks back when I was going to get the S4. I went in and told them I wanted to get it retail to keep my unlimited and they kept trying to talk me out of it. Then they sold me on the Edge program that was coming out that Saturday, promising me that I could keep my unlimited data that way(which of course was a lie). For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what kind of salesman just flat out refuses a sale.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I said over and over that I wanted unlimited. It was like he was trying to talk me out it. So I told him that he does not want my money and I left a little upset. I will get it Monday at a friends store.