Droid X to my son???

ricks

Reaction score
I gave my Droid X to my 7 year old son. Can I remove all my information on it to make it all his own? It will not be active with Verizon. It will be used at home used as a ipod touch kind of thing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I gave my Droid X to my 7 year old son. Can I remove all my information on it to make it all his own? It will not be active with Verizon. It will be used at home used as a ipod touch kind of thing.

Yes you can do that, do a factory reset, tap the corners from top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right.. this will bypass setting up a gmail account, and go from there.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Does the X automatically go to "Emergency Dial" when powered on with no service? Making you hit the back key?

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Yes you can do that, do a factory reset, tap the corners from top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right.. this will bypass setting up a gmail account, and go from there.

I just asked him if he wants it set up all his own and he asked if he would lose all his progress on all his Angry Bird games. I told him it will and he said "Don't do it"!!! LMAO

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
After a factory reset, you are going to need a Google/Gmail account to down load apps from the Play Store. Give him his own, a dummy, or set up yours in the old phone

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just be careful because even a phone with no service will call 911. And the police don't like it when that happens for no reason lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does the X automatically go to "Emergency Dial" when powered on with no service? Making you hit the back key?

Yes it does I believe.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Just be careful because even a phone with no service will call 911. And the police don't like it when that happens for no reason lol

He knows to only call 911 when and if I something happens to me like I pass out or something.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well then you should be good to go. And with your gmail account on the device, if he should ever jump a Wi-Fi signal, then you will.be able to check up on him.. should you feel the need.

Slammed97Chevy

Reaction score
If you put the phone in airplane mode, wouldn't that stop you from being able to dial. 911. ?
Sent from my DROID RAZR