Verizon Droid Rebate Advice

Kinson72

Reaction score
I ordered a phone from verizon on release day. The phone price was deducted on our bill, then for some reason credited back on the next bill. I guess I received the phone for free. Travesty struck my phone and I and verizon will not replace it. Should I even consider submitting the rebate from the phone to help pay for a replacement or would it raise a red flag and they could catch their mistake of giving me the first phone for free? Do they even check my bill when the rebate is submitted or should I be fine in doing this? There is quite a risk as the phone was $300 with a $100 rebate. I already submitted the receipt that ships with the phone as my proof so would they have to look at my monthly bill? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's an ethical question in my mind....Only you can answer it.

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score
I can't be ethical in terms of a big business's financial situation. When have they been ethical relating to mine? Fight fire with fire, unless someone wants to persuade me to have a different opinion.

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score
So just because someone made a mistake at verizon, I should lessen the impact of that mistake for their sake? I just have to reiterate that I can't look out for their well-being when their sole goal is profit, just as most big businesses.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with Verizon. It's about you and what's moral. Regardless of who you steal from, it's wrong.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score
So would you save a cereal killer's life just because it is the moral option?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They probably will bill you eventually for the phone. I thought I got a free Blackberry Storm one time and not only did they catch it they made a collection type of call to my house! I paid with a CC immediately.

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score

A cereal killer, yes. A serial killer, no.

CC

I must have had cereal on the mind as I actually poured a bowl after I shut down. So its the same principle. If someone has no respect for life, why would you respect theirs. Ill wrestle with the moral issue. In the meantime, does anyone have any insight on the probability of them becoming aware just through the rebate?

Raisin Bran Crunch all the way!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

A cereal killer, yes. A serial killer, no.

CC

I must have had cereal on the mind as I actually poured a bowl after I shut down. So its the same principle. If someone has no respect for life, why would you respect theirs. Ill wrestle with the moral issue. In the meantime, does anyone have any insight on the probability of them becoming aware just through the rebate?

Raisin Bran Crunch all the way!

Good thing, Cereal Killer is a SMod here....

z06mike

Reaction score
Either way, I think you are entitled to your rebate. You purchased the phone and deserve your rebate.

The fact that you broke your phone, are mad because Verizon won't help you and want to "get back at them" for that is a whole other story.