Verizon Data super slow

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
My D2G's data speed is super slow. I ran a few speedtest.net tests and I am consistantly getting around 151kbps and around 300+ for the Ping. I really dont use my data plan that much due to having wifi at home and work. But what really pisses me off is that I am paying $30 a month for incrediable slow data speed. I was on ATT and I was getying around the 1mb range. I thought at one time it could be the area I am at and so the next few times I was out of town and or somewhere else I ran the speedtest and again same results. I checked my wifes Droid X same with hers, my parents DX same. So I guess this is more of a rant, but I am wondering if anyone else is getting similar results where they live. And before someone thinks I am living in the sticks, I live just north of Salt Lake in Utah. So its not crowded in my town but I am about 20 miles from Salt Lake.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I am in western NC and am getting horribly slow speeds as well and this maybe related may not be but my Google voice app will not update over 3g.. only wifi and that has not been a problem that I know of until these slow speeds on 3g

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
jgregoryj1

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
I am finding the same issue, my Google Voice is having issues loggin in on 3G as well. I typically have to reload the app several times in order for it to work. Also, I am getting the dreaded 1X constantly. I really hate having to use my navigation and waiting for like 3 minutes to find the route to my destination. Its frustrating

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Same issue here, my speeds just took a nosedive...
aefeb2d8-4b78-7391.jpg

somethings wrong...

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world...

n4dog

Reaction score
My 3g seems really slow today in Tallahassee. Took forever to update my apps today.

Sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
jgregoryj1

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
My 3G data issues have been going on for weeks now. This isnt just a new thing that started yesterday

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I guess my area just decided to follow that act, since it just went kaplewy. Dropped from 2.3mbps to 1.5ish? That's a bit harsh.

Edit: On a separate note, my home internet connection has basically slowed to a crawl. No one else but 1 laptop is on the wifi and it's running inhumanly slow compared to usual

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Mine has been in the 500kbps range when I speedtest thankfully the hotel i am at and work both have decent wifi

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

rusty815

Reaction score
i used to get 2MB/Sec, now im only getting 70KB/Sec!! im in los angeles and i always have 4 bars, what the heck is going on?