Verizon car charger

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Last week my D2 was acting up when plugged into my car charger. It is the Verizon charger that has an extra charge port on the top for USB, not what I expected to get when I ordered my cell. I expected the Motorola charger. Anyway,sometimes the D2 shows that is not charging, other time it will be fine. But last week, when I went to unplug it, the screen showed a warning about the battery being bad and to replace. I powered down, took the battery out and reinstalled it. I have not used the charger again and all is ok with my D2, only charging with the Motorola AC charger. I assume that the Verizon car charger has bit the dust after only a few months. Anyone else have problems with their charger? And what would be a good replacement? The factory Motorola or a good third party one?

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I looked at Amazon and found 2 that should they would work. The P513 and the original SPN5400. I assume it looks like the P513 has a IC chip and is a better charger than the original one? $5 is a good price. May have to order one this week.

rpmurray

Reaction score
I got the same message when I connected my phone to my car stereo's USB port using the cable from another mobile phone. Havne't tried it with the Motorola cable yet. I didn't realize the cables were any different.... Is there in fact a difference?