Verizon Ally LG Google Voice puts 011 before calling

jmcelroy

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, so I hope I'm thorough and able to provide enough information for assistance. Two days ago I received an Ally LG with Android 2.2.2 on Verizon. By default, there is a google widget bar with a microphone button on the end that allows you to operate full text messages, call businesses and your contacts by speaking. It works great for speaking complete text messages and calling my contacts, but when I try to call say McDonalds on Main Street, it adds a country code of 011 before the number, no matter what business I call. I've been on the line with support for over an hour trying different settings, finally she told me to contact Google, it's on their end.
I've seen some similar issues on some of the other threads but no real fixes for an Ally LG and the google search settings are set to use my current location and maps shows my address, so I'm out of ideas and I'm looking for help.

If anyone can assist with disabling this country code bug on the google search voice widget I'd be very thankful, as I do like the idea of the feature, but not in it's current non functioning state. But like I said, it sends complete text messages by voice, calls my contacts ok, I just can't call any local businesses or establishments without the country code 011 being inserted.
Thanks again, and have a great day!

[email protected]

starbucksgirl

Reaction score
Having exact same problem. Haven't found a solution yet.

Hello, this is my first post, so I hope I'm thorough and able to provide enough information for assistance. Two days ago I received an Ally LG with Android 2.2.2 on Verizon. By default, there is a google widget bar with a microphone button on the end that allows you to operate full text messages, call businesses and your contacts by speaking. It works great for speaking complete text messages and calling my contacts, but when I try to call say McDonalds on Main Street, it adds a country code of 011 before the number, no matter what business I call. I've been on the line with support for over an hour trying different settings, finally she told me to contact Google, it's on their end.
I've seen some similar issues on some of the other threads but no real fixes for an Ally LG and the google search settings are set to use my current location and maps shows my address, so I'm out of ideas and I'm looking for help.

If anyone can assist with disabling this country code bug on the google search voice widget I'd be very thankful, as I do like the idea of the feature, but not in it's current non functioning state. But like I said, it sends complete text messages by voice, calls my contacts ok, I just can't call any local businesses or establishments without the country code 011 being inserted.
Thanks again, and have a great day!

[email protected]

I'm having the same problem. I have attempted to use this feature repeatedly and it always inserts the 011 country code when dialing to local businesses. I'm not sure why this issue hasn't been addressed by google as the main function of this widget is handsfree dialing. I'm assuming the folks at google tested out this functionality. If so, then why are so many users having this problem. Has anyone found the solution to this bug?

OP
J

jmcelroy

Reaction score
Can you believe I STILL can't find help with this? Verizon tech support is at a complete lost and told me to call the people who made the Google widget. Yeah right, good luck finding a phone number for that! I won't give up though so if you hear anything or vice versa please let me know and I will do the same! Thanks! jonathan

starbucksgirl

Reaction score
Can you believe I STILL can't find help with this? Verizon tech support is at a complete lost and told me to call the people who made the Google widget. Yeah right, good luck finding a phone number for that! I won't give up though so if you hear anything or vice versa please let me know and I will do the same! Thanks! jonathan
I have read about this issue on many other forums. No one seems to have an answer. The other forums indicate that it's a google problem too. Crazy right? I went into the verizon store and spoke with the manager and he told me that he had not heard of the problem before. I called him today because he was going to ask his employees if they had heard of the issue and then get back to me. I gave him two weeks to work on the issue before I called. He told me that they didn't have a solution. Sounds like it is a google widget problem. Hopefully they read these forums and will post a solution. It seems strange to me that they would put a voice widget on the droid but wouldn't test it before production. LOL. I will post back here if I ever find a solution. Thanks for your response jmcelroy!

starbucksgirl

Reaction score
Just posted the question on Google Voice Forum

Just wanted to let you know that I found a webpage for Google Voice. I posted my question there about this issue. You can go there and post the same issue too; maybe someone will answer the question if they see the issue more than once on the forum. Android Devices - Google Mobile Help

OP
J

jmcelroy

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll post the same question too, if enough of us get together they will do something about it!