Dialing International with + instead of 011

toddwynia

Reaction score
I've got a new Droid 2 Global from Motorola/Verizon. All of my international contacts are in the format '+ Countrycode phone number'. If I try to dial one of those I get a message that the number is not in service. If instead I manually type '011 Countrycode Phone number' it goes through. Is there a setting on then phone that will automatically dial the correct country exit code with the + key rather than dialing 011?

hinklej

Reaction score
Same problems - but I cannot dial domestically due to +1

I imported my contacts (painfully) from outlook into google (outlook previously running on a Windows 6 Mobile phone). Unfortunately, most of my contacts have a "+1" in front of them. Any of those contacts will not dial from my verizon account - same error listed above.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

The manual inelegant solution will likely be to do a global find and replace in the CSV file I used to export from Outlook and import into Google.

OP
T

toddwynia

Reaction score
Still frustrated

As you say, a global search and replace would be inelegant and would only work if you're in the US. The country exit code isn't 011 in all countries. For instance, it the UK, I think it's 00. So if I was traveling in the UK and wanted to make an international call, I'd have to edit the exit code or dial manually, neither of which are palatable solutions. I'd rather just get a phone that works. But from reading some of other forum entries, others may have gotten it to work. I just can't figure out how.