New User with question

jacint

Reaction score
Moved to Droid from Palm Centro and I love the feel and the ease of integration with Gmail. Had a couple of system freezes which I assume come from my love of adding apps!

1 nagging question: how can I chain phone numbers? I.e. I would like to be able to hit a button to automatically provide my email PIN rather than have to bring up the keypad and enter it manually. While this is not a major problem when it comes to international dialing using an access system keying in 15 numbers is a real - error prone - hassle.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums, and I really wish I could answer your question but I don't have a clue. If you don't get an answer try to google it. Hopefully someone can answer, I've never seen that question asked.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moved to Droid from Palm Centro and I love the feel and the ease of integration with Gmail. Had a couple of system freezes which I assume come from my love of adding apps!

1 nagging question: how can I chain phone numbers? I.e. I would like to be able to hit a button to automatically provide my email PIN rather than have to bring up the keypad and enter it manually. While this is not a major problem when it comes to international dialing using an access system keying in 15 numbers is a real - error prone - hassle.

If I recall, adding a comma between numbers adds a 3 second delay. So if you wanted to call your voicemail and have it enter your pin, you'd enter the number as

*86,XXXXX

bastosero

Reaction score
I believe there is an app or two in the market for something like that. I read about it several weeks ago, but can't remember exactly where. Try looking for an app in the market for it. It saves all the numbers you need and adds a delay for them.

OP
J

jacint

Reaction score
I believe there is an app or two in the market for something like that. I read about it several weeks ago, but can't remember exactly where. Try looking for an app in the market for it. It saves all the numbers you need and adds a delay for them.

I tried searching but have not been able to find anything. This is a standard feature on many less than smart phones as well as all version of the Palm. You dial a number, when the auto answer says "enter the number you're calling" or "enter your PIN" you hit a "More" key or even just "enter" and it sends the linked number. Simple...useful!