VenusX...

keolawills

Reaction score
I flashed this rom just fine and have had no issues so far. Camera works. No bootloops. It is really fast. I was wondering if this was a port of apex which I guess it is. Not sure what I did differently then everyone else but I'm currently running this with like I said no issues. If the moderators want to close this thread it won't bother me since all I want to do is inform people that it does work, I even downloaded the rom on 3g direct to my phone. I'm on the pre rooted gb leak from tbh. Guess I'm a lucky one...

sent from my APEX'D D2G... haha

Last edited:
OP
keolawills

keolawills

Reaction score
I guess the jokes on me. Found a major bug. Phone won't turn off, always reboots when trying to power off. Not so bad since my phone is always on anyway. But now I can't access cwm recovery to restore nandroid or to flash the official d2g version of apex 2.0 or cm7 or any other rom for that matter. I'm guessing I have to sbf now. Which I can't do since I don't have a pc. Only access to a mac. Guess I'm stuck with this for a while now...

Last edited by a moderator:

666ogre666

Reaction score
Can't pull the battery and hold x while its turning on to get to recovery? I have a D1 so it might now be the same...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
keolawills

keolawills

Reaction score
That's stock recovery which won't let me restore a nandroid or flash a new rom. I did try that though hoping I could do something from there but nope...

sent from my d2g stuck on venus

urbanski89

Reaction score
Try doin factory reset..mine is hold x and power on....then hit search button and u should be able to work from there

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gutteran

Reaction score
I really liked this ROM as well. I also found it to be very fast. I did find a couple of bugs:

1. The native calendar widget wouldn't load. Maybe this is because the Motorola widget on stock is a blur widget, and they over looked this when de-blurring the stock ROM. I just reverted to the Pure Calendar Widget, which worked fine.

2. YouTube wouldn't update from the market. I worked around this by uninstalling using Titanium backup, and installing YouTube fresh.

3. While I could download previously purchased apps from the market, I couldn't buy any new ones. I couldn't figure out how to fix this.

The only other problem I had was that there seemed to be two recovery menus, one for the clockworkrecovery I had flashed, and another one that must have been loaded with the ROM, which was an earlier version. I didn't take the time to figure out how to what caused one to load and not the other when boot recovery. I don't know if this was a bug, I think it was more my fault as I may not have done a clean install. This may have caused the market issue I had also. Because I couldn't fix the market, and I had two recovery menus, I ended up trying to recover my ROM back up, but couldn't. This also was probably because I don't think I did a clean install. I thought I had, but I was kind of tired when applying it. I had to SBF my phone to get it back to stock.