Upgrade Pate Failure?

Nalic

Reaction score
Ok here it goes. I'm new to the forums so, if this turns out to be in the wrong section then sorry :icon_eek:. Here's the problem. I want to run a custom rom but I can't seem to find/follow the correct upgrade path without bootlooping or bricking. My goal is to use Zombiestomped, and I am on 2.3.320 (SBF). I used an earlier SBF and realized that it bricks your phone. So I found my current SBF and it fixed it. In order for me to use Zombie I need to be on GB .595 Leak. I got the TBH leak and tried to flash it, only to give me a bootloop. So guys any suggestions?

PeddlerOfFlesh

Reaction score
As far as I know, you need to have a kernel update in there somewhere. Something like Froyo -> Early GB leak -> GB leak + new kernel. It's probably better asked in the ZS forum.

OP
N

Nalic

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. I know that .340 has a kernel update at least. Thanks!

Last edited:

PeddlerOfFlesh

Reaction score

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah you need to get to 2.3.340 then update to either a leaked version of GB or update to the tbh rooted version of GB .596 to install a gingerbread rom.

Mydroidworld.com has the 2.3.340 full sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

Nalic

Reaction score
Yeah you need to get to 2.3.340 then update to either a leaked version of GB or update to the tbh rooted version of GB .596 to install a gingerbread rom.

Mydroidworld.com has the 2.3.340 full sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Actually both mirrors where it was posted are down. Currently I'm flashing full .320 and then using the system update SBF of .340. Could that be the problem?

Also I tried again (I heard that maybe it could have been the dx bootloader)

So here's what I tried:

1. SBF 2.3.320
2. Root 2.3.320
3. DX Bootloader
4. Flash 2.3.340 system update
5. System wipe x3
6. Root 2.3.340
7. D2 Bootloader
8. D2 bootload install GB 595 leak.
9. bootloop.
10. System wipe x4
11. bootloop.

Imma go ahead and start a thread on the ZS forums.
Thanks for the help so far guys! (No sarcasm) (I'm thinking about how that sounds too much) (seriously no sarcasm)

EDIT:
Ok I just found a full .340 froyo. I'm gonna try that and the whole process over again.

Last edited: