V-Cast

maderschramm

Reaction score
that was the ota update I assume...well, I haven't used that version so it could be that they've changed up the mass storage option somehow. Someone on that version will have to chime in to see if that's the case. It sounds like you can drag and drop so maybe it's just a different way of doing things

maderschramm

Reaction score
I've never used windows sync but as long as you can move files onto and edit files on the sdcard it sounds like the same business. I prefer a file tree over some gui interface but as long as it works for you.

I'd still try to format the sdcard and/or try a different one. If it's not mounting and it tries to and you can see the option that's what the issue sounds like it's stemming from

MrKleen

Reaction score
Yes it is as simple as copy and paste onto the sd card. Nothing wrong with your phone.

There is no need to use that stupid stuff that pops up on your computer. You can just close that if you want to and then continue with copying and pasting on your sd card directly.

scf

Reaction score
Ok, before you go taking anything back, and starting over, try this:

Uninstall Moto drivers from PC
Install these drivers
Wait for driver installation to finish.
Place phone in Airplane mode.
Uncheck the USB debugging box. (settings/applications/development)
Plug phone into PC.
Wait for first wave of drivers to finish installing.
Put phone in PC Mode
Wait for 2nd wave of drivers to finish installing.
Unplug phone from PC.
Reboot the PC.
Re-enable USB debugging, and shut off airplane mode.
Once PC is back up and happy, plug phone back in.

should work just fine in any of the modes on the phone (mass storage/pcmode/etc).