Using USB port in car for music

Husker812X

Reaction score
I have a USB port in my car that works with iphones, but I was hoping I was able to get it to work with my droid (X) and the music I have stored on it. When I plug it in, my stereo reads the usb for a few seconds then says "read error." Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Does it recognize the connection on the phone? Does it pop up anything in the menu bar at the top? If so you may have to try a different connection type, like USB Mass Storage, PC Mode, or Windows media sync. If its not recognizing that its connected, i dont know if you will be able to get it to work. Good luck!

OP
H

Husker812X

Reaction score
It does recognize the connection on the phone. I have tried all three logical choices (Mass storage, pc mode, and media sync) with no such luck. Thanks for the input, I am hopeful there is a way and I am just not doing something right at this point.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Maybe its looking for a specific folder on the sd card? perhaps a folder called music or something. Might take a peek in the user manual and see if it gives any tips. Otherwise, you might backup your sd card and reformat it, then move everything back, sometimes this clears up issues.