Using the Spectrum 2 on GSM Networks?

PaneInTheGlass

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I'm just really attached to things like expandable memory, removable batteries, and dedicated capacitive buttons. I think these are very useful features, and I hate to see them go. Maybe if I put my money toward a phone that has them, manufacturer's will get the drift and start offering these features again. And maybe if I stop attending church, the Pope will give up Catholicism.

Yes, I know, the S III. No easy way to say it, it's just...not my style. I really do like the Spectrum as a phone, but I think you're right in that I'd be better off looking elsewhere.

OP
M

micrors4

Reaction score
People want sleekness now in their phones and unfortunately we have to sacrifice some things to get that but I understand the want. The onscreen buttons aren't to bad and if you start using cloud services you won't even notice the lack of storage, 16GB should be enough for most things if you keep all your music on Google music and take advantage of some of the dropbox offers (I have 75GB I have never played for) you can get around the restrictions.

dhungman

Reaction score
Using the Spectrum 2 on GSM (Jelly Bean)?

Hi, micrors4
I have to thank you first, for the information that LG Spectrume 2 is not blocking domestic GSM carriers. O
Other sites only said iPhone 5, HTC 8X and HTC DNA are not blocking domestic GSM carriers.
However, these phones are either expensive, small screen, non-removable bettery or missing SD card slot.

I brought the Spectrume 2 after reading your post.

I do have two questions.
I saw there is JB update for LG Spectrume 2 now.
Could you let me know does Jelly Bean (JB) blocks domestic GSM carriers (T-mobile/ATT)?

and
any problem after JB update?

many thanks

I know this phone is supposed to be unlocked, but has anyone tried it on T-Mobile because I got a SIM card to take advantage of T-Mobile's cheap $30 unlimited data plan.

Ran1971

Reaction score
I have the lg spectrum 2 and I'm using a tmobile sims card...I have unlimited talk text and web and mine been running 4g speed.. .it hasn't dropped to 3g or 2g

Ran1971

Reaction score
I'm using an lg spectrum 2 phone with a tmobile sims card and I have the jb updated my phone is working just fine but I'm waiting for the xperia z to come out

Ran1971

Reaction score
I have no problems after the jb update plus I also installed facebook home and that works great

jus22tin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using an AT&T or H2O sim with the Spectrum 2? And just curious but if it did work with AT&T sim would it work on a Spectrum 2 that the Verizon bill hasn't been paid?

OP
M

micrors4

Reaction score
I would imagine it would work with any GSM carrier AT&T included, not sure if a bad IMEI number would stop that but I'm guessing it wouldn't.

Ran1971

Reaction score
ran

My phone was sim unlocked out of the box. ..I left Verizon and went to t mobile I was using the prepaid but now im post...believe me it works

tooter1

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up another one of these phones for use on T-Mobile.

Has anyone done any speed tests for the network?

OP
M

micrors4

Reaction score
Its pretty damn quick because the load on TMobile's network is low, even 3G isn't that bad but it more depends where you live.

dhungman

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using an AT&T or H2O sim with the Spectrum 2? And just curious but if it did work with AT&T sim would it work on a Spectrum 2 that the Verizon bill hasn't been paid?

I have tried with At&t and Straight Talk, and able to make phone calls.
I have not set APN to test data, but if voice is ok, data should be fine as well, since phone is unlocked. My razr maxx will not even recognize these sim card