Using MP3 as notification sound...

Reaction score
Is there a way to set an MP3 as the ringtone for, as an example, my text message notification. I was wondering If I dropped an MP3 into the sounds folder that all the notification sounds are, would that work. would I have to covert the file to a different extension?

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Enter

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid and what I usually do is select the file, mp3 or ogg, go to root explorer /system/media/audio then from there pick your folder- Alarms, Notifications, Ringtones. Copy the file there, then REBOOT. It will not show up until you reboot. Now it is in your default list of available ringtones.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I have a rooted droid and what I usually do is select the file, mp3 or ogg, go to root explorer /system/media/audio then from there pick your folder- Alarms, Notifications, Ringtones. Copy the file there, then REBOOT. It will not show up until you reboot. Now it is in your default list of available ringtones.

Yea, that's exactly what I was asking if I could do. Just drop the mp3 in the sounds folder where the notification sounds are at. So there we go. Thanks for the help

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1