Use Web Downloaded File As Ringtone

palmermarc

Reaction score
Ok .. So, I'm kind of in a bind here. I am a web developer for a small media company, and one of our radio stations wants to provide ringtones from the on-air DJ's. I'm afraid that the average person won't understand how to connect their phone to the computer, and transfer some stuff over. When you download a MP3 from a HTC device, the program that plays has options to use it as a ringtone. The Motorola Droids, do not.

Does anyone know how to EASILY use a MP3 in your downloads folder as a ringtone, without needing another app, or having to hook the computer up to the computer?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since this was never answered, androids will let you set any mp3 is ringtone if you long-press the file.

ragmondo

Reaction score
Ok .. So, I'm kind of in a bind here. I am a web developer for a small media company, and one of our radio stations wants to provide ringtones from the on-air DJ's. I'm afraid that the average person won't understand how to connect their phone to the computer, and transfer some stuff over. When you download a MP3 from a HTC device, the program that plays has options to use it as a ringtone. The Motorola Droids, do not.

Does anyone know how to EASILY use a MP3 in your downloads folder as a ringtone, without needing another app, or having to hook the computer up to the computer?

Ok - I wrote something to do exactly this... YES OK it is an app, but basically I've made it as simple as possible

1) Download the app, and run the app - it's called "tonepush" all one word - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tonepush

2) Visit the website TonePush

3) Type in the unique number displayed on your phone onto the webpage.

4) Start uploading your mp3s - and they'll appear right away in your phone as ringtones.

No cables, no file manager, no ADB SDK bridges. I tried to make it as simple as possible. I only released it today so let me know if you try it and how you get on PLEASE!