Use of 3rd part tethering applications prohibited

kms1325

Reaction score
Got this at work today......

Policy & Eligibilty

The use of 3rd party tethering applications that circumvent Mobile Broadband Connect is a breach of terms and conditions.

The terms and conditions for Data Plans and Features: Prohibited Uses states:

Customers who do not have dedicated Mobile Broadband devices cannot tether other devices to laptops or personal computers for use as wireless modems unless the subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Why don t you guys just subscribe to mobile broadband and be done with these silly posts?

Nate

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As stated in every tethering thread; we know that it is not allowed. That is why if you do it; use common sense and do not eat a lot of bandwith. If you do not feel comfortable or you think you are going to need it to download a bunch of movies, watch hulu, play xbox, then get the tethering plan. If you just check your mail evrynow and then and visit sites you can visit in your phone you will be fine.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got this at work today......

Policy & Eligibilty

The use of 3rd party tethering applications that circumvent Mobile Broadband Connect is a breach of terms and conditions.

The terms and conditions for Data Plans and Features: Prohibited Uses states:

Customers who do not have dedicated Mobile Broadband devices cannot tether other devices to laptops or personal computers for use as wireless modems unless the subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect.

Do you work for vzw or something.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pilotcharles, I believe that the O.P. does work for VZW, that's why he/she is sharing that information. I may be wrong though too.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pilotcharles, I believe that the O.P. does work for VZW, that's why he/she is sharing that information. I may be wrong though too.

If so my apologies....but I do not think vzw would feel the need to crack down if we did not have idi....people trying to push it to see how much they can tether before verizon crack down on it. I do not understand why every time something useful comeout to help the casual tetherer use their phone in a power out or a situation where they want to check their mail; some one feels they need to blow it for everyone. Its the party crasher.......every one chilling having fun, then here comes the Tasmanian devil to cause it to get shutdown.
Any way I think I am done with this subject for awhile.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If so my apologies....but I do not think vzw would feel the need to crack down if we did not have idi....people trying to push it to see how much they can tether before verizon crack down on it. I do not understand why every time something useful comeout to help the casual tetherer use their phone in a power out or a situation where they want to check their mail; some one feels they need to blow it for everyone. Its the party crasher.......every one chilling having fun, then here comes the Tasmanian devil to cause it to get shutdown.
Any way I think I am done with this subject for awhile.
I don't know if he is but well, as long as I can ever remember, long before anyone heard the word "android" VZW was doing all they could to prevent tethering unless you were paying for it. Like I learned in the Marines in 1981, it's always that 10% who ruin it for the other 90%.

OP
K

kms1325

Reaction score
PC747 - yeah...i do. Just passing along info that was emailed to us this morning. Thought I would pass it along.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is verizon planning on cracking down on it; did they say. I am sure they can speculate from the people using 20 gigs a month when the avg user uses 5-8. Because with the droid, since you can use desktop agent on a lot of the browser, and now that browsers like skyfire uses flash. How can they tell you are tethering since the droid can literally spend 24 hrs pulling info from the web.

cb2000a

Reaction score
I participated in a Verizon marketing survey session a couple of days ago. A lot of the questions were about data usage and costs. I think there will be changes ahead (for one lower costs for data on family plans). There will probably be data limits as well and tiered costs.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Simple answer: they can't, and just don'tbe stupid with your use of tethering.

The dumb ones will frack it up for the rest of us, plain and simple.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I only tether when i lose power. thank God for laptops and wireless tether. i have no power right now. this is what i ran into on my way home last night and they still haven't fixed it :cus:

1272582081254.jpg

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Simple answer: they can't, and just don'tbe stupid with your use of tethering.

The dumb ones will frack it up for the rest of us, plain and simple.

I wish we could have pdanet, easytether, barnacle, and the dev of any tethering app put something in it to prevent the dumb..... from fracking it up for the rest of us. I want them to put a freaking cap on it. Where you can only hit so much a month. I know that is being restrictive and more apple like, but if they dont; the idiots gonna keep on burning through 20 + gigs a month p*ssing off verizon, and resulting in them cracking down hard on it.
I am part of the blame for not checking them fools when I see them on the forum talking about they play xbox, they download movies, its cool; I should have replied that it wasnt cool and if they do not chill out none of us will be able to tether.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pay for the 3G and I'm going to use it however I please. I hardly ever tether, but I certainly will whenever I need to. I obviously won't be downloading torrents with it.

cplus

Reaction score
I pay for the 3G and I'm going to use it however I please. I hardly ever tether, but I certainly will whenever I need to. I obviously won't be downloading torrents with it.

Agreed. I still have never even managed to use 4 of my 5 GB/month. Last month I used 2.193 GB. I tether discretely.