Use a Task Killer for this phone

patfactorx

Reaction score
I know some of u are going to disagree with me but after using ATK. My phone is a LOT faster. I was getting lag when playing podcasts and even just navigating around the phone but after using a task killer the phone is a lot smoother. I have it set so that it is aggressively killing background apps I'm not using.

I will stop using ATK after we get root and I can freeze all this bloatware tho

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Forcing the phone's OS to operate improperly is never a good idea. Task killers are bad, plain and simple. I think enough evidence and facts have been presented by Google and other Developers that Task Killers are a big No-No.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Read me sig below and he will explain the whole thing in detail why it is bad

leobg

Reaction score
Your battery life must be suffering. Task killers on Android 2.2 and up are a big no-no.
But even without task killer, phone is killing background apps in very aggressive mode - that 3D fancy looking launcher is a memory hog! How could Motorola release the phone with only 512MB RAM is beyond me. Using less resource demanding launcher sorts the problem to a certain extent, but nothing would be as nice as adding more physical RAM (which is impossible of course). Let's hope D4 will have more RAM :)