Advanced Task Killer/ Battery Life

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True story!

Battery life sucks on all smart phones, specially when you first get it because you're constantly playing with it, trying it out, etc.

Want good battery life? Invest a few dollars on a spare battery, try Amazon.com and see if you find a wall charger for it on eBay. Then you don't worry about your battery life because you've go a backup. I actually have two back up batteries but for the most part I don't need them. My D2 battery got a mid day charge and is sitting at 70%. Had I not charged it I'd be at 30 or 40%. That's with very little use.

There isn't a single Droid out there that has great battery life. These things use juice, might as well get use to it and prepare for it.

DroidForums junkie!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
my only question is, without ATK how do u close running programs?

Just to chime in, I understand that hitting the "Back" button will get you out of running programs as well.

I have Screebl on my Droid which keeps the screen on for when I need it. Juice Defender is supposed to work too. I got an extended battery so there's plenty of power.

OP
D

d4ster3

Reaction score
wow, you guys need to check the "droid pro battery life" thread

no offense, but d4ster3 doesn't seem to know what he/she is talking about...

Thanks for the stating the obvious. Every post from me has been a question and im pretty sure I pointed out that im a new Droid user trying to figure out how to get the most out of my battery

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

anteku

Reaction score
FYI, I've been using the extended battery. After the initial charge, using the default factory settings, I got about 22 hours before I got a 5% warning. I played with it for a total of about 3 hours (mainly fussing with the preloaded apps; just one test phone call; downloaded a half dozen apps). Hope this helps.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Just to chime in ...

You might try something like Auto Memory Manager or AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, which allows you to tweak (or tune) the native OS's handling of memory management.

Things i am doing (most of which have been mentioned previously) ...

• Auto Memory Manager (mentioned above)
  • Extended battery
  • Screebl - screen display power management
  • SetCPU - cpu management (create profiles that can dictate cpu usuage; i.e. cpu scales down to 300 when the screen is off)
  • Switch from Global roaming to CDMA
  • Titanium Backup - which in addition to backing up apps and data, allows to "freeze" or "uninstall" native apps. Tread carefully here. There are a few threads that address this and provide examples of things successfully "frozen" or "uninstalled" ... some of which is mentioned here.
Disclaimer: I am in the "pro root" camp. Rooting does not harm your device in any way, but simply provides access to a number of additional apps and system tweaks (which CAN screw up you device if used incorrectly). Auto Memory Manager, SetCPI and Titanium all require root access.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sometimes statements have to be taken with a grain of salt. I think it was uncalled for too though.

wow, you guys need to check the "droid pro battery life" thread

no offense, but d4ster3 doesn't seem to know what he/she is talking about...

Thanks for the stating the obvious. Every post from me has been a question and im pretty sure I pointed out that im a new Droid user trying to figure out how to get the most out of my battery

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!