USB Tether No desktop software

sahilm

Reaction score
As we're all aware, Verizon axed both wireless and USB tether from 2.2. I am planning on rooting the phone as soon as I get the update (I have a copy of Easyroot (and yes the apk, so the being off of the market doesn't stop me)).

Wireless tether is easy as I can download "Wireless Tether for Root Users" but I had a question on USB tethering.

Is there any app which can (like native 2.2 usb tether) will provide usb tethering without needing any desktop software?

As I said apps that require root would be fine.

Thanks!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have "wired tether" by the same makers of "wireless tether" its on their site. You have to root in order to use it, and just as a quick reminder easyroot does not root 2.2..... so just so ya know. If your planning on rooting, then do easyroot before you "get the update" lol, root now and just get bb or lithmod or sometihng. Both of those are on 2.2. :)

***lol, while browsing I found a guide with the wired tethering link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ve-rooted-now-what-n00bs-guide-post-root.html

Last edited:
OP
S

sahilm

Reaction score
Yes, I have "wired tether" by the same makers of "wireless tether" its on their site. You have to root in order to use it, and just as a quick reminder easyroot does not root 2.2..... so just so ya know. If your planning on rooting, then do easyroot before you "get the update" lol, root now and just get bb or lithmod or sometihng. Both of those are on 2.2. :)

Oh ok, thanks. Actually I'm running a leaked froyo rooted right now. I thought that easyroot was 2.1 until I googed "easyroot" to see the news about it being pulled from the market, and then stumpled upon this article: Easy Root app for Motorola Droid, Droid X makes root easy which said froyo, so I was confused. Anyway thanks, I might get bb, we'll see.

And I had seen the wired tether page, but that required a desktop client.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Define desktop client? All I do with my wired app is plug it in and it connects.... no software required. I just tried it on my moms pc which I never use, and I tested it, it works, I installed nothing. :)

OP
S

sahilm

Reaction score
Define desktop client? All I do with my wired app is plug it in and it connects.... no software required. I just tried it on my moms pc which I never use, and I tested it, it works, I installed nothing. :)

Sorry, my mistake. You're right. I'll install this later. I know this is the wrong place, but does BB .4 have 3d app launcher and 5 homescreens? (and do you think I should wait for .5 since ppl say the launch is near)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bb .4 has 3d app launcher, but not 5 screens. To be honest, I use "launcherpro", so if you want 5 screens then that's what id download. Their are many home replacements aside form launcherpro as well....awd or adw.....something like that lol (can't remember name). Look up home in the market and see what you find. :) and I don't see why you should wait... id upgrade now to .4 then when .5 comes, you can just upgrade then. (Their is no penalty for upgrading lol, expecially since pete has made some kind of backup tool)

RevivaL

Reaction score

***lol, while browsing I found a guide with the wired tethering link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ve-rooted-now-what-n00bs-guide-post-root.html
can you link to the website? or post the .apk?