USB not connecting properly

Trizzle

Reaction score
When I plug in my droid into my computer, neither the computer nor the phone recognizes that it has been connected. I am able to get the phone to recognize the USB if I turn on debugging, but the computer still doesn't. The mode doesn't change anything, and the phone won't even charge.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I plug in my droid into my computer, neither the computer nor the phone recognizes that it has been connected. I am able to get the phone to recognize the USB if I turn on debugging, but the computer still doesn't. The mode doesn't change anything, and the phone won't even charge.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Are you pulling the window down on the D2G and selecting PC Mode? I have a Mac when I plug it in I have to put in on Mass Storage mode. Try both, one of them should work.

OP
T

Trizzle

Reaction score
None of the modes work. Even to switch modes I have to turn USB debugging on. Its driving me nuts!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
None of the modes work. Even to switch modes I have to turn USB debugging on. Its driving me nuts!

I've seen threads where people have issues with the drivers on the PC. What are you running?

OP
T

Trizzle

Reaction score
I don't think that is the issue, because it was working before until the middle of the process of rooting my phone. Then it stopped recognizing it, and I switched to the z4root method. I should've mentioned this before, that's my fault.