usb issues with 890 update

imafool

Reaction score
after being bricked and restoring my phone back to factory stock my computer can no longer recognize the device. i have reinstalled the correct driver from Motorola but still my computer says that it can not recognize the device. also the phone does not recognize being connected even though usb debugging is enabled, though it does charge. any advice on how to have the phone and computer sync?

logan5

Reaction score
Try using another cable. I've had the same problems and using a different (read "quality") cable made all the difference in the world!
Hope that helps!

chadwick108

Reaction score
Sounds like it may not be a Motorola cord try to reinstall after Cleaning drivers with motorola tool then try to replug
device

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
I

imafool

Reaction score
im considering going to verizion to see if they can help at all at least hook it up and see that its not connecting so that way i dont have to buy a new cable..it is the stock firmware so it would appear i didn't tamper with it. i tried cleaning the drivers as well and it unfortunately wasn't able to cure the problem. i wonder if it could possibly be the actual updates fault rather than me flashing it. the thread that i got the ota update from said that it would be putting the phone back to the updated stock rom right?

rvcjew

Reaction score
im gonna ask the dumb question lol, you have set your phone to usb mass storage right? also adb should work with charge only mode as well odd.

OP
I

imafool

Reaction score
There isn't even an option in the notification bar to use mass storage ..when I plug in the computer pops up with the device has malfunctioned and it can't be recognized...but it charges...and what's odd is if I turn it off and go into fastboot it recognizes the usb connection

Wolfhere

Reaction score
Go buy the charger (with usb) from Amazon. Its cheaper and shipping costs more than the charger :icon_ banana: I had the same problem. Used the cable from my Droid 2 and failed half the time. Went with the motorola usb for the droid 3.......and my phone/computer likes. Me too :D

OP
I

imafool

Reaction score
I've been using the one that came with the phone but I have nothing to lose so ill see if I can get that shipped out here..it worked two days ago..I bet this update is verizions way of making an extra buck off all us suckers

OP
I

imafool

Reaction score
got my new charger and that was the fix for not being able to connect to the computer. thanks a lot everyone