USB keyboard on the Droid 3

bs953

Reaction score
Ok I give up, I bought an OTG cable it came today and what I want to do is hook up an external usb keyboard to my droid, maybe a mouse etc etc. So when the phone is in my custom stand I can text like a mad man, the stand is so I can have the phone in the vertical postion andyways. I have tried the following, hooked a Dell usb keyboard directly to the OTG cable no go nothing nada, more research some suggest using a powered USB hub okie dokie off I go, plugged the keyboard into port 1, the droid into port 2 nothing, okie dokie plugged the droid into the "input" port of the hub nothing okie dokie, I then proceeded to try different hubs configs and plug in's no go. So after much contemplation at the bottom of 10 beers I have concluded I am doing something wrong. The phone is rooted but thats it, I haven't installed any roms or any of that. I am happy with the stock rom, just wanted to dump the bloat ware. Anybody got any idea's? and more importantl if they do can someone hold my hand? as it stands I probably can't walk right now. LOL Thanx all.
OH and yes I did do a reboot after every single step.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
don't think a usb keyboard or mouse will work
bluetooth keyboard and mouse work, i've used mine

OP
B

bs953

Reaction score
I have heard that, blu-tooth will work but I am also not trying to get a mortage to just have a keyboard. I was willing to spend the 6 bux for the cable and my free time. That said there are tons of people using this usb dealio but nobody is coughing up the info, likes it some friggin state secret as those go LOL

OP
B

bs953

Reaction score
Well summabeotch there ya go Purcy, I'll b danged. I have superuser installed obviously I will have to go get busy box before I do this. Thanx I will post back.

OP
B

bs953

Reaction score
OK and thus we have this: "S3C USB Host driver not found"......

OP
B

bs953

Reaction score
Thanx for that tip, BUUUUUUT I am not running ICS, been there and done that total nightmare with Blu-tooth issues on and on long laundry list. Anyways I too am looking, but man hard to find the exact walk ya through it deal...:happy3: