Uploading Videos to the Droid

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Still early, but was wondering if anyone might know based on what we know about the resolution and the types of files it will play.

I use CloneDVD Mobile and Slysoft AnyDVD. Would anyone know the settings within to convert DVDs for playback on this device? On my Storm, I use the iPhone setting within. Perhaps we'll need to use a custom setting in this one due to the high quality.

Ideas/Suggestions?

rutger1413

Reaction score
Handbreak i feel is hands down one of the best FREE movie converters out there.

Rip the movie using DVD decryptor to an ISO and then use handbreak to encode it in whatever format you want.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
copied from the motorola spec sheet:

• MUSIC ENABLED1
  • MUSIC PLAYER
    Yes
  • VIDEO CAPABLE
  • VIDEO CAPTURE
  • PLAYABLE FORMATS
    AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI
  • STREAMING MEDIA
    Audio, Video
  • VIDEO CAPTURE RATE
    DVD quality (720x480 resolution) up to 24 fps capture; up to 30 fps playback

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I currently use DVDFab Decryptor. The paid version actual has a mobile setting so that you can rip a DVD and convert it to any number of preset mobile devices. You can also customize everything to make it whatever you want.

OP
jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I use the CloneDVD Mobile/AnyDVD because I'm not above paying $45 for lifetime upgrades for a product that works perfectly. So, free isn't a big deal. I'm just wondering about settings and I'm going to try to rip a DVD tonight to see if I can get close to that Capture Rate the Droid is capable of.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I currently use DVDFab Decryptor. The paid version actual has a mobile setting so that you can rip a DVD and convert it to any number of preset mobile devices. You can also customize everything to make it whatever you want.

this is what i use its by far the best yet...

mr70ss

Reaction score
I've been using clonedvd & clonedvd mobile for quite some time now.. but so far all of my ripped mp4's do not show up as full screen, no matter what res i rip them at... Anyone else have this issue?

captjimbo

Reaction score

this is what i use its by far the best yet...

I also use DVDFab. Having trouble creating a video. I can playback but get no sound.

It is an mp4 with a format of h264. Figuring I used the wrong codec. Suggestions on what setting to use would be appreciated.

markis209

Reaction score
uploading video to droid

Clone dvd mobile works great use the microsoft Zune and use the 426x240 setting. good luck

RedBull

Reaction score
copied from the motorola spec sheet:

• MUSIC ENABLED1
  • MUSIC PLAYER
    Yes
  • VIDEO CAPABLE
  • VIDEO CAPTURE
  • PLAYABLE FORMATS
    AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI
  • STREAMING MEDIA
    Audio, Video
  • VIDEO CAPTURE RATE
    DVD quality (720x480 resolution) up to 24 fps capture; up to 30 fps playback

I have tried to copy movies to my phone of almost each type listed and I get a message saying Sorry...this video can not be played.

I am using Panda Home...could that have anything to do with it? Or is there a burp in my Droid that is preventing the playback? Is there a preferred format?

D

dvdcatalyst

The Droid can play H264 formatted video encoded using Zune or iPod/iPhone profiles.

This thread contains information

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/2024-i-found-good-video-converter-droid.html

and there is also this thread that has info and some links

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/2168-what-movies-your-droid.html

Spec-wise, the resolution of the Droid is 854x480, and it can actually play files with this resolution.
DVD Catalyst (www.tools4movies.com) has a few profiles for the Droid that use the proper resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

theghost1982

Reaction score
cloneDvd mobile

I use slysoft's software and get amazing quility on my x... I just use the zune settings while keeping the resolution within the proper levels allowed by the x. full hd and looks great while using the hdmi out