Upgrading from the Galaxy S4 - Which phone should I get? (need good camera)

kimintenn

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I currently have the Galaxy S4 (with Verizon) and have decided that I want to get something new. I haven't been on the forums in a very long time and am not even sure where to begin. I have just two requirements from my phone... reliable calling and an excellent camera (preferably good with taking pics of active kids).

I would normally research for days and days before deciding on which phone to get but due to a really hectic job/mom schedule right now I don't have the time to devote to the search. Hoping you guys can narrow it down to some top contenders that I should focus on before I just go get the Galaxy S6 because I like it's commercial. :D I kid! I kid! :oops::p;)

Thanks in advance!
Kim in Tennessee

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
First big vote for Note 4. If not the Note 4 the S5 had a very good camera. I do feel the Note 4 is a little better

Note 4Tified

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
It looks like Motorola slipped up just a bit and released the Droid site a bit too early. They've fixed the problem but the Internet never sleeps, and we've got archived footage. So, what do we have for you? All the official Motorola Droid specs, information, features, etc. In addition, a small video capped from the website.

First up is a video that shows a bit more about the Droid.

[video=youtube;6vd7SglA91A]
Also attached is a photo gallery of some of the photos (courtesy BGR & Engadget)
Thanks for the reply! I noticed the Note 5 is coming out in a September. Any idea how solid that date is? Wondering if I should wait if I decide to get a Note.

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
I currently have the LG G3. The camera on it is absolutely wicked...I think better than the S5 or S6? But I am switching to S5 today so...my vote goes to S5. XD

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! My friend has the LG G3 and really likes it. The camera thing is really important to me, so I'll definitely consider that one. Why are you switching to an S5?

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
Thanks for the suggestions! My friend has the LG G3 and really likes it. The camera thing is really important to me, so I'll definitely consider that one. Why are you switching to an S5?

IDK it's a great phone and it's on bar with the S5 for sure. I don't really need a bigger screen; if I wanted that, I'd get an Note 4. I might get one in the future. IDK.

You have no idea how torn I am on whether to get the S5 or keep the G3.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
I'm tempted to get the Note because I think I'd like the stylus and the bigger screen... but I think it's too big to fit in a pocket, right?

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
I'm tempted to get the Note because I think I'd like the stylus and the bigger screen... but I think it's too big to fit in a pocket, right?

The G3 barely fits into my pocket without a case. With a case, I have to hold on to it for dear life or have this giant rectangular thing sticking out of my pocket. xD

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've had my S5 for about a year now and still absolutely love it. It's given me no problems whatsoever, the camera is great and the battery life is amazing. You'll be hard pressed to drain the battery on this device in a full day with moderate to heavy usage.
I think you'll be very pleased with this device.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on the size of the pocket and what else is in said pocket. I see iPhone 6Ss hanging out of back pockets of skinny jeans all the time but the Note4 isn't as tall.
Since camera and size are deciding factors the S6 has the best camera and isn't as big as a Note4. Why settle for last years S model? If you're not in a hurry I agree, wait and see what the Note5 brings to the table, probably the same camera as the S6 plus other goodies but bigger than the S6
My Note4 fits fine in any of my pockets . I usually wear khakis or cargos.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use the stylus much?
I use mine about 90% of the time for writing and typing in texts, emails, social media and forum posts, etc. but I also use a stylus on devices without an s pen. As far as s pen exclusive stuff,I use that a couple of times a day.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used the s pen TONS when I first got the device, but don't use it near as often now. I upgraded from the S4, so I think part of that was the novelty of having it and the other part was adjusting to the larger screen. If I was going to use both hands anyway, why not use the tool that came with the device.

Now that I've become accustomed to using it one-handed, I don't take the pen out for every little thing. I do still find it useful for jotting down quick notes and/or taking screenshots and making notes on them to explain things to people here on the forum and friends and family over Facebook.

It's not in your way if you stop using it all the time, but it's still handy to have when you need it.

The camera takes stunning pictures and videos. I can tell the difference with the Optical Image Stabilization as well.