Upgrading From Droid X to S3

Reaction score
I am considering upgrading my Droid X to a S3 very soon and I was wondering if anyone else has done the same and could answer a couple questions for me. How does the radio in the S3 compare to the Droid X? I am also hoping that the battery life is better in the S3 than the X. Is that the case?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
reception seems better in MOTO. Battery life is on parr with the X maybe a little better . depends on how much you use the 4g etc. i can go all day on mine easily

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
Thanks Justin. I have heard that MOTO tends to have a better radio than Samsung and what worries me is that where I sit at work I currently get only 1 bar and two if I am lucky and I am afraid witht he S3 I won't have any bars.

j1d10t

Reaction score
I upgraded from the DX to the S3 a couple of months ago. I had been trying to hold out for the Razr HD but couldn't. And I'm glad that I got the S3. The cell reception seems to be about the same, maybe a little less than my old DX, but I also live in a very, very rural area. The wifi is much, much stronger, though - in places in my house where I used to not be able to get a wifi signal I can now get a medium strength signal. For my use, the batter is a little better than it was when I first got my DX (usually lasts all day, with some to spare, and then I charge it over-night). But considering the performance difference I'm totally cool with the battery not being some mega battery. And the camera on the S3 is amazing. The speed of the phone is awesome - I've never had it lag at all. I highly recommend the S3.