Droid X --> S3, can I transfer over app data? (Titanium Backup?)

trale

Reaction score
I just picked up a Galaxy S3 to replace my Droid X (verizon). My Droid X is rooted, and I have Titanium backup installed, which allows me to backup the data within my apps. I plan to also root the S3, and I'm hoping with Titanium backup that I can transfer the data of my apps to it. Is this possible?

Since the Droid X and S3 are running two different versions of Android, not to mention that S3 has touchwiz. My most pressing concern is my text message history. I used handcent on the DX as my texting app. If I also install Handcent on the S3, can I use Titanium backup to restore my text history too? If not, is there another app to accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice.

clueless77

Reaction score
I just picked up a Galaxy S3 to replace my Droid X (verizon). My Droid X is rooted, and I have Titanium backup installed, which allows me to backup the data within my apps. I plan to also root the S3, and I'm hoping with Titanium backup that I can transfer the data of my apps to it. Is this possible?

Since the Droid X and S3 are running two different versions of Android, not to mention that S3 has touchwiz. My most pressing concern is my text message history. I used handcent on the DX as my texting app. If I also install Handcent on the S3, can I use Titanium backup to restore my text history too? If not, is there another app to accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice.
sorry to say that no, the info on your titanium backup will not work. although there are a few apps that will sync your sms with google and when you use it on the s3 it should restore them, i am not sure about mms though. its best to start from scratch with your apps anyway, jumping from gingerbread to jellybean is a huge difference and you would have all force closes if it worked anyway.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
SMS Backup and Restore will save your texts without needing to root. As for the rest, it would be to hit or miss like was said.

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"