Upgrade to S4.... or wait?

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Currently have an S3 and I'm happy with it, but looking to upgrade in the next month or so to give my S3 to my better half. Should I get the S4 or wait for the next best thing? What is the next best thing and when is it happening?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The next big thing from Samsung coming out would probably the Note 3. No word on when that's coming out though.

I upgraded to the s4 from a Nexus and couldn't be happier. In fact, I was a former flash-o-holic, but I've been running stock rooted ever since I got this phone and have no plans on throwing a ROM on this thing. It's a beast of a phone and you should be happy with it until your next upgrade, I know I'll be.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Note 3 to debut early September. As mentioned, no sale date. I'd like to see the Galaxy S4 Active come to Verizon (my wish). I did just add the Lifeproof Nuud to my S3.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Note 3 to debut early September. As mentioned, no sale date. I'd like to see the Galaxy S4 Active come to Verizon (my wish). I did just add the Lifeproof Nuud to my S3.
Never heard of these cases until now. That's one heck of a product they got and I got someone I can highly recommend it to. Thanks for sharing it!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Why not look for a deal on the Galaxy Note 2? I stumbled upon one (an AT&T GSM model) for the incredible price of $9.99 - ten bucks! It's a marvelous phone, even after a year out there on the market.

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
The Note 2 (and I'm sure the 3 will be the same) is too big for me. I like to keep it in my pocket and be able to have a case on it. I didn't want the S3 to begin with because of the huge size of it, but when my Thunderbolt stopped being a phone and started being a paperweight I just went and picked a phone and the S3 was it. I love it now, but when I upgrade in the next week or so I want to make sure I'm not buying the "last" great thing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Note 2 (and I'm sure the 3 will be the same) is too big for me. I like to keep it in my pocket and be able to have a case on it. I didn't want the S3 to begin with because of the huge size of it, but when my Thunderbolt stopped being a phone and started being a paperweight I just went and picked a phone and the S3 was it. I love it now, but when I upgrade in the next week or so I want to make sure I'm not buying the "last" great thing.
Well if you want to stick with Samsung then your choice is limited to the s4, if the Note series is too big of a phone for ya.

Moto is going to be releasing a few phones in roughly a week so you may want to wait til then just to have more options available when you do choose to upgrade.

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Well if you want to stick with Samsung then your choice is limited to the s4, if the Note series is too big of a phone for ya.

Moto is going to be releasing a few phones in roughly a week so you may want to wait til then just to have more options available when you do choose to upgrade.

Ahh that's what I was waiting to hear. I am not brand loyal but I do prefer Samsung and HTC.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Word is Note 3 will be introduced September 4.

Availability date???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ahh that's what I was waiting to hear. I am not brand loyal but I do prefer Samsung and HTC.
Well unless Samsung has some secret phone they're working on to release during the holiday season that's not the Note 3, I don't think they got anything else up their sleeve. Unless somehow Verizon gets the s4 Active, if that fits your lifestyle.

The HTC One is supposed to release "soon", but I kept hearing it keeps getting pushed back. It's a few months older than the s4, but both are basically on par with one another and are very futureproof. I haven't heard of a new HTC phone being released at considering what has been done with the One, Verizon may see the successor to the One probably 6mo after everyone else gets it:angry:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
If you love your s3 why not get your better half a s3 and keep yours? The S4 didn't seem much different then the S3 to me......at least not enough to change phones.

Sent from my sexy galaxy s 3 ;-)